New TMO 925's available for $160

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
To the guys who bought phones from this link and seller, please keep us updated. I mean, really, there is no way this seller could foist off hundreds of bad phones and have the rating he does. FWIW, I do have a track record of amazing bad luck in matters like this.
I bought two 925's from this seller when he had new ones listed for $199. They were new, and sealed just as the offer advertised. Both phones are activated and the users have had no problems with them. So I'd trust the seller and would buy from him again. But like anything else, no matter what you buy from wherever or from whoever, there exists the possibility of faulty product --- new or used.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
A note about the 925 generally, not this topic. I think I have appreciation for beauty. The kind of beauty that transcends time or money. I grew up in an artsy family in an artsy community. I like to think I've got some insight into these matters.

Anyway, the 925 is a masterpiece of industrial design type of beauty. It's a joy to look at, let alone hold or use. My sister was over today and I showed her the phone and told her my tale of woe. And of my opinion of its esthetics. She then showed me a picture on her iPhone 4................what a frickin' clunker! Fat, heavy, and I never liked that screen/phone proportion.

I think my 810 is pretty nice, but the 925 blows it away.

Long live the 925. Or, similar successors.

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I keep jumping at the bit, thinking about grabbing one myself, keep posting here and I will keep following. Kind of wanting to update my 810 for something a bit sleeker...925 fits that to a T.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: I have now wasted well over an hour of time trying to file a warranty claim. All was well until I didn't get the emailed UPS label. A half hour with a robot in India only knew how to repeat herself and what had already been said six times. Literally. Absolutely not resolution oriented. Will not send to a different email address, will not fax.
So, fortunately I could do this, I just ordered another one. I asked the seller to please check it out first, make sure I don't get another dud. If Nokia comes through, I'll just get it fixed and probably sell it on eBay. I see used ones going for $200. Go figger. And mine will have 8.1 Update.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: I have now wasted well over an hour of time trying to file a warranty claim. All was well until I didn't get the emailed UPS label. A half hour with a robot in India only knew how to repeat herself and what had already been said six times. Literally. Absolutely not resolution oriented. Will not send to a different email address, will not fax.
So, fortunately I could do this, I just ordered another one. I asked the seller to please check it out first, make sure I don't get another dud. If Nokia comes through, I'll just get it fixed and probably sell it on eBay. I see used ones going for $200. Go figger. And mine will have 8.1 Update.

Why did you not try the online route? I haven't spoken to a Nokia person once in the 4 times I have sent a device in. You might want to tweet @NokiaCareUS, they took good care of me back in December of last year.

docfreed

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Definitely NOT NEW - it's probably a refurb. Phone arrived this AM in "sealed" TMO box (had the TMO transparent seal). Everyhing complete but it had somebody's info on it (in the process of doing a factory reset). The phone itself is in mint condition with not a scratch or mark on it at all. Seems to accept the SIM card (but I have no service as I am just using a "blank" TMO SIM card). WiFi connected flawlessly, battery seems to be charging OK. It has Lumia Black on it and OS Version 8.0.10517.150

So now I'm going to install the DP 8.1 and will report back later on. Excellent deal as even if the phone is a refurb (my suspicion only - no proof) it is in flawless condition - hopefully when I pop in my real SIM card it will have a clean IMEI number.

So I might also add that the industrial design of this phone blows anything else away and I have had many other high end phones, Android, FruitPhone, Blackberry... It's a hell of a deal.

later
Don

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Definitely NOT NEW - it's probably a refurb. Phone arrived this AM in "sealed" TMO box (had the TMO transparent seal). Everyhing complete but it had somebody's info on it (in the process of doing a factory reset). The phone itself is in mint condition with not a scratch or mark on it at all. Seems to accept the SIM card (but I have no service as I am just using a "blank" TMO SIM card). WiFi connected flawlessly, battery seems to be charging OK. It has Lumia Black on it and OS Version 8.0.10517.150

So now I'm going to install the DP 8.1 and will report back later on. Excellent deal as even if the phone is a refurb (my suspicion only - no proof) it is in flawless condition - hopefully when I pop in my real SIM card it will have a clean IMEI number.

So I might also add that the industrial design of this phone blows anything else away and I have had many other high end phones, Android, FruitPhone, Blackberry... It's a hell of a deal.

later
Don

Check IMEI cleanliness on Swappa.com/ESN or checksESNfree.com

wbknudsen

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is. Otherwise in "Great Condition" as the seller states. IMEI number appears valid also. I think I will try my luck with another one if the seller has any more. I will also make sure they verify the condition other than a cursory glance of the phone.

That is a bummer!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is. Otherwise in "Great Condition" as the seller states. IMEI number appears valid also. I think I will try my luck with another one if the seller has any more. I will also make sure they verify the condition other than a cursory glance of the phone.

The SIM tray is a PITA with the 925. On my phone I have to pull it out with the SIM tool in it and not just push it once to pop it out. Have you tried that? Also the SIM card itself sits a bit weird in the tray - about a third goes in the phone and the 2/3rds sticks out of the slot. Try this before you decide to send it back.

wbknudsen

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Agree, the worst thing about the phone. I have another 925 that I'm using and I understand exactly what you're saying about the tray. There is a slight depression when pushing in on the sim tray, almost like an unlock and then you are able to pull up and out, it doesn't just pop out. This one doesn't have that depression that "unlocks" the tray and it can't be pulled out. It also appears to be jammed in pretty good, it's not sitting flush with the top of the phone. Thanks for the help though.
​I wished the company had an actual phone number to call and get this taken care of right away. As it is you have to leave a message via the eBay messaging system and have to wait 1-2 days for a response.

The SIM tray is a PITA with the 925. On my phone I have to pull it out with the SIM tool in it and not just push it once to pop it out. Have you tried that? Also the SIM card itself sits a bit weird in the tray - about a third goes in the phone and the 2/3rds sticks out of the slot. Try this before you decide to send it back.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Agree, the worst thing about the phone. I have another 925 that I'm using and I understand exactly what you're saying about the tray. There is a slight depression when pushing in on the sim tray, almost like an unlock and then you are able to pull up and out, it doesn't just pop out. This one doesn't have that depression that "unlocks" the tray and it can't be pulled out. It also appears to be jammed in pretty good, it's not sitting flush with the top of the phone. Thanks for the help though.
​I wished the company had an actual phone number to call and get this taken care of right away. As it is you have to leave a message via the eBay messaging system and have to wait 1-2 days for a response.

Don't worry because it's through eBay you have enough buyer protection. Hopefully they have a minty fresh one for you as a spare to send. Good luck.

wbknudsen

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I'm not too worried. They have actually gotten back to me through eBay messaging already and offered a replacement or refund. I have asked for a replacement.

Don't worry because it's through eBay you have enough buyer protection. Hopefully they have a minty fresh one for you as a spare to send. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb