New TMO 925's available for $160

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Why did you not try the online route? I haven't spoken to a Nokia person once in the 4 times I have sent a device in. You might want to tweet @NokiaCareUS, they took good care of me back in December of last year.
"All was well until I didn't get the emailed UPS label." Guess you didn't figure out that I started online. I did.

I did get an email in response to the one I sent on Saturday. I'll try that door. Of course, no one from India has called me, despite all those promises.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
"All was well until I didn't get the emailed UPS label." Guess you didn't figure out that I started online. I did.

I did get an email in response to the one I sent on Saturday. I'll try that door. Of course, no one from India has called me, despite all those promises.

I know you started online. Just saying you might want to tweet @NokiaCareUS that you did not receive the label and they would have helped you out. Happened to me the first time I had to send my device in, last year in December.

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm in for 1 as well, I'll post back when I get it. Looking forward at getting a newer Lumia than my 810. It'll probably be relegated to my backup line that I keep just in case (currently an HTC 8X is using that line).

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm in for 1 as well, I'll post back when I get it. Looking forward at getting a newer Lumia than my 810. It'll probably be relegated to my backup line that I keep just in case (currently an HTC 8X is using that line).

Exactly what I am doing right now, my 810 is my backup device and am really liking the 925. I got it from a fellow WPC member for a really nice deal including wireless charging :)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Just sent a Lumia 822 in because it would not recognize the SD card without any issues to Nokia Care. This is now my 5th phone to them for repair.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Got my second phone..................differently defective.

The first one just would not recognize any sim card I put in. I couldn't even dial out to 611, Metro, AT&T, or TMO.

This phone recognizes my Metro sim just fine and I can make calls.................on wi-fi calling only. Will not receive over the air signals.

I'm guessing that I'm having some serious bad luck, the seller is well rated. Must have been all those babies I ate in a previous life time.

docfreed

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Nah, I think they got a batch of refurbs - I had to ship mine back this morning - the SIM card holder is "fidgety" and the top of the case gets really hot when charging. Didn't want to take a chance so seller agreed to a refund and emailed me a label for return shipping. But I would definitely buy from this seller again - just not a 925.

The first one just would not recognize any sim card I put in. I couldn't even dial out to 611, Metro, AT&T, or TMO.

This phone recognizes my Metro sim just fine and I can make calls.................on wi-fi calling only. Will not receive over the air signals.

I'm guessing that I'm having some serious bad luck, the seller is well rated. Must have been all those babies I ate in a previous life time.

wbknudsen

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Even though these guys seem to be a reputable dealer, we are having some serious bad luck with these. I am in the process of returning mine for a replacement. They need to wait for mine to be returned and then they will send out another one. Will report back sometime next week with hopefully some better news.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like someone is taking advantage of the sudden scarcity of the T-Mo 925.

It's funny when it was available for $199 brand new there were not that many takers, heck I had a hard time selling a couple for $170 or so, totally like new and now everyone is trying to grab one....such irony...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think there are a lot of bargain hunters lured in by the 521 that are looking to step up in hardware, but still need to stick to a budget.

On T-Mo, right now, that means a used 925.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I think there are a lot of bargain hunters lured in by the 521 that are looking to step up in hardware, but still need to stick to a budget.

On T-Mo, right now, that means a used 925.

The irony is that the 810 is a lot cheaper and probably the one phone that runs WP8.1.1 Developer Preview without any hassles compared to the 925:)

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The irony is that the 810 is a lot cheaper and probably the one phone that runs WP8.1.1 Developer Preview without any hassles compared to the 925:)

Close, but no kewpie doll. I have had an 810 for a year, and with 8.1 DP, I now love it. I considered buying a 925 a year ago, but I'm really down on non-replaceable batteries and no SD memory. But if I want Wifi Calling - and I so do! - it's either the 925 or the basic 521/635. Ditto, 925 or 635 for LTE. I have decided that I will force myself to live with the battery/SD issues to gain more important features.

I can't afford phones on the cutting edge. I think the 925 will hold me until TMO comes out with some phones on the 700mhz bands which will give building penetration like Verizon does on the 850mhz band.

Yes, if you don't care about WFC or LTE, the 810 is a wonderful phone. In the right locations, I get 8-10 mb/sec downloads on the basic 4G.

YMMV.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, OP here. It sounds like a lot of these 925's have issues. Considering my two came in TM boxes with most things, it's a mystery. For one thing, how does a party get almost 300 phones that appear to be new, but they all have problems? Or, at least, some of them? That's not a business model for success.

I'm going to ask for an RMA on my first phone, since I'm stuck in Nokia Customer Avoidance hell on that one, and try another warranty repair on my second phone tomorrow. The only other option is to spend another $40 or so on eBay.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
My updates on my updates! I now have both phones working just fine on a new prepaid TMO plan. I wanted to eliminate any possible variable with my Metro account. Cutting to the chase, the problems on TWO 925's seem to be due to bad phone/SIM contacts. Yup, simple as that. The longer version, as I told my brother:

Thinking about sudden phone loss, failure, and Metro being unable to just swap a SIM policy, ("Be prepared! It's the Boy Scout marching song...") I decided to set up a new TM account as backup. Could forward Metro number to it in the short haul. New plan: only $3/mo, which includes 30 minutes of talk or text, no data. Over 30 minutes, eaten up as 10 cents/min. Data can be added separately on daily, weekly, monthly plans, but hey, that's why the goddess made wifi.

At the TM store, we set this up and installed the new SIM into 925B.......and nothing happened. "No service." Same old ****. OK, a bad phone. But for the amount of money, I kept the plan.

I came home. The new TM SIM worked fine in my 810. And then, it started working in 925B, too! But it dropped many times per hour to "No Service," even as the bars pretty well tracked with my 810. My conclusion: the 925 isn't any 810 on the radio side. Worse than your LG!

When I put the new SIM into 925A, the one that refused to "see" any SIM, ever, it started working! When I tested with an AT&T SIM, it asked for the unlock code, as it should.

So, back to 925B again, with it's frequent dropped signals. It's now fine.

Conclusion: ****ty phone/SIM contacts endemic to the model. Frequent insertion and removal of SIM's took care of corrosion.

I guess I'll go to the Metro store tomorrow and register the 925B with them.

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Paul, glad to see you got both of your phones going. I am looking forward to mine arriving Monday or Tuesday. I have a spare foreign sim that is unactivated in case I need to test it.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Paul, glad to see you got both of your phones going. I am looking forward to mine arriving Monday or Tuesday. I have a spare foreign sim that is unactivated in case I need to test it.

Good luck! Yesterday I bought on eBay a Mexican TelCel SIM, and new ATT and TMO ones. So cheap, good to have sitting around or when I may travel again to Mexico someday. But frankly, with the US/Mexico programs from TM or Metro, and Wifi Calling, not as important as I once did some ten years ago.

As a total aside, I see that when on WFC, my battery usage is only .4% per hour, giving a hypothetical 11 days standby time. The lowest I've ever seen on cellular is double that.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE # Something: One phone is up and running beautifully; I felt good enough after testing everything function I could think of that I went and had Metro transfer the SIM to this phone. I have put on a tempered glass screen protector, almost installed itself, no bubbles, just beautiful. And a clear plastic case, almost invisible.

The manager at the Metro store looked at my phone, turning it around and proclaimed, "Very nice!" Indeed.

The other phone seems to have an issue when pushing the volume control. Just a little black bar shows, no numbers or anything. It has self-repaired twice with a hard reset. Maybe this second one will be the charm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo