Why does the 925 not have data activity indicators?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
My dad's 925 got cyan. It didn't have data indicators. Then my wife's 1320 got cyan, which did, so I thought it might only be for newer is bigger screened phones. Last week my 920 got cyan and even it had the indicators.

Wonder why the 925 doesn't have it.

http://i.imgur.com/H8bfsiT.jpg

Lloydbm4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
So that means that every unlocked/unbranded 925 with cyan should have them?
Firmware is distributed by the carrier. Being unlocked/unbranded means nothing by itself. If you download the carriers firmware that has the feature you'll get that feature. If you download another carriers firmware, you won't. Understand?

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Firmware is distributed by the carrier. Being unlocked/unbranded means nothing by itself. If you download the carriers firmware that has the feature you'll get that feature. If you download another carriers firmware, you won't. Understand?
Nah, you're wrong. My carrier doesn't provide my phone's firmware. Nokia provides me with firmware. My carrier only provides me with a Sim-card so i can make calls and text people. Understand?

Lloydbm4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Nah, you're wrong. My carrier doesn't provide my phone's firmware. Nokia provides me with firmware. My carrier only provides me with a Sim-card so i can make calls and text people. Understand?
And since you don't get firmware with the data indicator, you don't get the feature. Understand?

BTW, this was a US based OP, hence the question and answers as they were. You can move along now.

mayur777

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
i am from india i also don't have indicator.
even i also don't have notification icon when i connect earphones to phone..
anybody also have the same??

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
And since you don't get firmware with the data indicator, you don't get the feature. Understand?

BTW, this was a US based OP, hence the question and answers as they were. You can move along now.

But I did get this feature. ;) Understand?

And your second point: Did you say in your OP that it was meant for US members only? NO, you didn't, therefore it is a general OP and not a US specific one. To use your rude note again: Understand?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon