Confusion on Wireless Charging equipment for 925. Do you use one? Please help

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi there.

1. To have wireless charging, I need a charging case right? Is "Nokia CC-3065" correct for my 925? I have seen many different prices on Amazon, I guess there is only one version right as long as it is CC-3065? I plan to buy this one Nokia Original CC-3065BK Ladeh?lle f?r Lumia 925: Amazon.de: Elektronik

2. Now for the wireless charging machine, I have seen so many version. DT900, DT901, DT601. Are there any difference and which one should I buy?
http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nokia%20wireless

3. I currently have a custom made Wood plate sticked to the back of the phone (not completely, it's not a cover, just a decoration wood plate at the back so it wont be so slippery. Do I have to remove it in order to have Wireless charing to work? Or if the EM wave can pass through the Wood plate as well? (The wood is very very thin, like 1mm)

4. Is it worth it to have the wireless charging? Anyone using it?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well it depends if the contacts for the wireless charging are exposed and reachable by the cover when you put it on your phone.

I presume you made the custom plate yourself?

If so you, you should be able to incorporate the qi coil and contacts from the wireless cover - it is incredibly thin. However that depends on you how designed the plate I suppose?

The common misconception about the 920 was that it was "heavy" because of the integrated wireless charging.

Also the DT 900 and 910 if i recall correctly have proprietary chargers, I have something similar to this which is pretty handy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-DC-50-Portable-Wireless-Charging-Cyan-Blue/dp/B00GZL1TYY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1409084957&sr=8-5&keywords=wireless+charging+plate

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
well in that case, I can even put my wood plate outside of the wireless cover, will it work like this?
It's like if you put a paper in between your wireless cover and the wireless charger. Will it still work?

Lloydbm4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi there.

1. To have wireless charging, I need a charging case right? Is "Nokia CC-3065" correct for my 925? I have seen many different prices on Amazon, I guess there is only one version right as long as it is CC-3065? I plan to buy this one Nokia Original CC-3065BK Ladeh?lle f?r Lumia 925: Amazon.de: Elektronik

2. Now for the wireless charging machine, I have seen so many version. DT900, DT901, DT601. Are there any difference and which one should I buy?
http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nokia%20wireless

3. I currently have a custom made Wood plate sticked to the back of the phone (not completely, it's not a cover, just a decoration wood plate at the back so it wont be so slippery. Do I have to remove it in order to have Wireless charing to work? Or if the EM wave can pass through the Wood plate as well? (The wood is very very thin, like 1mm)

4. Is it worth it to have the wireless charging? Anyone using it?
1. Yes, CC-3065 is the correct wireless charging cover for the 925.
2. Any Qi certified charger will work.
3. Max distance for Qi charging to work between charging plate and wireless coil is 7.5mm.
4. I use wireless charging daily. I have several Qi chargers to include the stock small LG round one, the Lugalake 6000maH battery / Qi charger and the Tylt Vu. I charge my Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Lumia 925 with all of them.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I use the red wireless charging cover and the red wireless charging plate to wirelessly charge my 925. Don't use it every day, but I use it fairly regularly (at least a couple of times per week). I would suggest removing your wooden plate from the phone when you add the charging cover to it. I haven't ever had an issue with the cover fitting my phone and I slip the bottom portion of the phone into the cover, then snap it together at the top. The charging plate was giving me problems for awhile a few months back, such as quitting working after awhile or stopping charging throughout the night (but in the latter cases, my phone did charge to 100%). That has apparently stopped happening though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett