How to install .xap files on Lumia 925?

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
AFAIK, Lumia 925 doesn't have an SD Card, and installing xap files is not possible in Windows Phone 8.

However, in Windows Phone 8.1, things have changed. you can just copy xap or appxbundle file to your internal storage, then go to store, open three dots menu from bottom, tap install local apps, select the app and tap install.

Please note that it's just possible to install xap or appxbundle files downloaded from windowsphone.com (you can't install pirated apps, for example), unless you have a developer unlocked phone.

Benjamin Doddington

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
AFAIK, Lumia 925 doesn't have an SD Card, and installing xap files is not possible in Windows Phone 8.

However, in Windows Phone 8.1, things have changed. you can just copy xap or appxbundle file to your internal storage, then go to store, open three dots menu from bottom, tap install local apps, select the app and tap install.

Please note that it's just possible to install xap or appxbundle files downloaded from windowsphone.com (you can't install pirated apps, for example), unless you have a developer unlocked phone.

Hello, I'm having the same problem.
I am running Developer Preview, my phone is unlocked, but I still can't find Install Local Apps in the store. Is it because of where I placed my file? I placed it in the main folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes