AT&T Lumia 925

winphoneaddict

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had issues with getting an unlock code, for an AT&T Nokia Lumia 925? After no luck elsewhere, I contacted AT&T who informed me that the "original owner" could contact them, and get an unlock code for free. As long as the account, or former account, was in good standing. I am in Canada, and purchased the phone on eBay. I have sent an email to the seller, but am not sure yet, that he is the original owner. What are my alternatives? If anyone out there has had similar issues, I am all ears.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As i've said elsewhere on some random threads before, ATT does NOT unlock secondhand phones. (as evil as that is) You better hope the original owner responds, because he or she is your best shot. Your first mistake was purchasing an ATT phone online, esp since you're outside the US. Don't repeat that mistake again.

If not, you could try paying for a code, but that might not work, or cost a lot.
Otherwise, you're SOL.
Thank ATT's policies.

winphoneaddict

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I wish now that I had done a bit more research on purchasing a used At&t device. I just "assumed" I would be able to get it easily unlocked by an online unlocking service. That has not been the case. No one has seemed to be able to come up with a code to unlock this device. Oh well......live and learn I guess. I just may have a dud on my hand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786