Lumia 925 Battery

benwayles

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i've just got a second hand lumia 925. It doesn't look like its been heavily used but the battery seems really weak. When playing games, watching videos or browsing the web the battery goes down really quickly. Medium use of some web browsing, some video, texts and camera the battery will almost be done in 3 hours, is this normal?
I've disabled glance, touch wake, etc and all those little features but no change. I've ran wpbench battery test twice in the last 3 days the first was 2 hour 20 mins, then 1 hour 57 mins. Coming from my lumia 800 which would easily last a day with similar use it's pretty annoying.
I'm wondering if theres a 8.1 bug somewhere, have a bit of a naff battery or if this is normal?
Thanks for any help

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
The batterylife of the 925 should be a hell lot better than the horrific battery life the 800 had. I couldn't even get a single day out of a Lumia 800, whereas the 925 does that job quite easily. ;)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
3 hours is very dismal.
Is the battery actually running down or is battery sense mis-reporting power level?

I've seen glitches on my 925 twice now after 8.1 where the phone was showing intense battery use.
First fix was a complete phone reset second time a soft reboot fixed this.

I ended up turning battery sense off and went back to "Insider Pro" for watching the battery.

I see a minimum of 9 hours of time with heavy use:
web
data
game play
file transfer
camera\video
location\mapping

By 9 hours I mean 95% to 10%
Below 10% I'll plug in...

benwayles

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I've moved from the stock battery app too insider and another battery app as well as doing a hard and soft reset but still it's the same. I was playing music fine today losing between 2-4% battery every 20 minutes over 2 hours, but the second I went back to using the internet it nose dives, i played a game for 20 minutes and lost 20% and 21% for half an hour browsing. I think i'm gonna have to take it instore

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
On my phone the battery lasts a long time on stand by but does drain faster with use. Having said that, I go a full day without any issues and I haven't turned off battery sense yet...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
For the past few days, my phone's battery has lasted well past 24 hours. It was 76% when I went to bed last night (little after midnight) and was around 65% when I got up this morning (little after 9am). Now, at nearly 8:30pm, it's close to 20%. I'd say the battery is definitely improving since this latest 8.1 developer preview update.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I have tested a lot here and think 925 have a average~good battery life.

I used my 925 for 3 hours and the battery dropped for 56%. 4G and WiFi On.

So 6h or 7h is the maximum SOT you will get with Lumia 925 with 4G and WiFi on. I think it's ok, nothing wrong and that's much better than many other devices. Cyan Update GDR1 here.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Take a deep breath.

It is certainly possible that you have a defective battery. But looking over 15 years of PCS phone experience, I have to say that "they" are cranking out consistently good batteries.

First, know that WP OS is still highly erratic in battery consumptions. No rhyme or reason for the ups and downs. I like the Battery Sense app, it graphs out your usage. When the OS is really liking you, your phone will use about 1%/hour on standby. You have to start figuring things out from standby, not "well, I used the phone, then I did some games, blah blah." OTOH, things like using GPS can run 30%/hr!

Go into the Battery Saver program. Flip the screen sideways and you will see what is using up your battery.

Glance, wifi, bluetooth use virtually no battery. Mine are always on. It's been reported that email push and some Facebook apps eat up battery, YMMV.

Oh, yeah, MS released an 8.1 update in June which allegedly solved some battery issues. Make sure you have the latest updates. I'm running Preview for Developers on 3 phones, all is well.

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes