No Update to Cyan?

andyey

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying all day to update my phone to Cyan on AT&T. I did have the developers preview, but i reset my phone multiple times today to get rid of that. I am currently running Black. I have already tried using Nokia's tool earlier today, but that only wanted to install Black. what gives???

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you have an AT&T branded 920 like I do, without doing anything, you're up the creek.

Buutttt, you can flash another ROM. Such as the ROGERS one, or the French CV one. (although it looks like the French one does away with LTE with Cyan) There are threads out there, see "Easily flash...."

Or you could stick with your AT&T ROM with the DP and wait it out.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
When you say you reset your phone, did you use the Nokia Software Recovery tools from a computer, or did you just do the reset from the settings on the phone? If you just reset from the settings, than you're still on DP/Black and you won't get the update yet. You will need to use the computer based tools to overwrite the newer software with current factory os.

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
If you have a Lumia 925 on ATT and it is an ATT branded 925, then the update is available without needing to use the Nokia Software Tool.

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't mean to hijack this thread but have a related question. I currently have a 925 on T-Mobile and branded that way (says T-Mobile below the home button on the screen). I've been thinking about switching to AT&T and using this phone but the Tmo925 hasn't received Cyan yet. If I switch, will I get Cyan through AT&T when it's available for the 925? Or will I just not get it at all? Thanks!

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't mean to hijack this thread but have a related question. I currently have a 925 on T-Mobile and branded that way (says T-Mobile below the home button on the screen). I've been thinking about switching to AT&T and using this phone but the Tmo925 hasn't received Cyan yet. If I switch, will I get Cyan through AT&T when it's available for the 925? Or will I just not get it at all? Thanks!

You will get it when it's available for T mobile 925's. Updates follow carrier or region specific firmware, regardless of where it is or the network you are on.

andyey

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I tried both - Nokia's tool and reset the phone...its odd, Nokia's site initially says the latest version is Black, but if you dig further, it says Cyan is available.

andyey

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
yes, its AT&T branded. I talked to AT&T and they said, "just wait longer" Cyan has been out since July 24! I get another odd message at times though - my phone says the time and date are wrong, even though they are set to the network settings. Could this have anything to do with why the update isn't coming through?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

You'll still have to wait until T-Mobile releases the update since it's a T-Mobile phone running T-Mo software and such. Just be patient - it'll come to use T-Mo 925 users.

jay64

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I did yesterday and wish I had not. The long awaited update has been more problems then solutions for me. nokie drive worked well before, now the new version (idrive or some such thing) does not work at all. Numerous programs show download of updates "pending" but never actually complete. You do not seem to be able to elect singular updates but it appears you either update all or none of the stock apps. Yet after all that they don't update anyway. Lost all settings info email etc. That was not unexpected but you think the process could avoid such. I think my phone rebooted 5 times to accomplish the update. Coming out of sleep is very laggard, taking multiple swipes/touches to get a reaction, nothing new there with WP. It also seems you have to globally enable location services rather then app specific ? Web pages not formatting correctly. The previous version is looking pretty good right about now. After such a delay getting it out you think it would be smoother. Mainly at&t crapware.

andyey

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
just to update...I talked to AT&T support numerous times, went into the store twice, chatted with Nokia support and finally decided to give my local Microsoft store a chance. They were amazing!!! The tech knew that some 925s that previously had the Developers Preview app were having a difficult time getting the Cyan update. He went out of his way to help me...used a new tool that was just released to them by Nokia and installed Cyan for me.

Francisc Molnar

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I would really appreciate some help with an update issue related to a Nokia Lumia 925.
I have Lumia 925, hardware product code 059T041 on SIM tray. This was designated for Hutchison 3G in Italy.
However, installed firmware is a Russia Country Variant (not sure which product code), a supplier did install it in order to sell the phone on Eastern European markets. It seems unable to get updates over the air...or at least is not getting Cyan which is listed as Available for both "original" and "installed" product codes.

I would like to know if FOTA updates should come even if original product code (H3G Italy) does not match the installed product code (Russia CV), and updates would take place based on the installed product code?

thanks

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,
I would like to know if FOTA updates should come even if original product code (H3G Italy) does not match the installed product code (Russia CV), and updates would take place based on the installed product code?

Your phone will receive the update when the Russian CV ROM gets updated to Cyan. If your phone is on the Developer Preview then your phone won't get updated since Microsoft has blocked the Cyan updated for most phones on the Developer Preview

PS: You might be flashed to one of these ROMs for Russia:

1. 059T1R1 RM-892 VAR EURO RU CV BLACK
  2. 059T1R2 RM-892 VAR EURO RU CV WHITE
  3. 059T1R3 RM-892 VAR EURO RU CV GREY

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa