Downloadable here, no BS: http://nokia-x.com/pdf/service_manua...mia_925_SM.pdf

A quick look should convince anyone why high end phones cost as much as they do.
    09-05-2014 08:35 PM
    TY TY TY Paul! I changed the link to 920 and was able to download the service manual for my 920.

I don't intend to take it apart, but the last few pages contain reset procedures and troubleshooting without disassembly. Yay!
    09-05-2014 09:15 PM
    TY TY TY Paul! I changed the link to 920 and was able to download the service manual for my 920.

I don't intend to take it apart, but the last few pages contain reset procedures and troubleshooting without disassembly. Yay!
    Yes, it's always better to have information and not need it than not have it to start with. I went searching for this information because I have TWO 925's with very poor radio frequency performance. I just wanted to ascertain before filing a warranty complaint that there antenna components hither and yon with wired connections. I had a Nokia 9290 years ago that just got worse and worse, and lo and behold, the cause was nothing more complex than the antenna to board cable connectors. I presume the same here.

I appreciate and love Nerdy Women. I think alot about these gender and social issues; I have two daughters who have engineering degrees from one of the country's finest school, daughter three has two Bachelor's, first in biotech, second in nursing. A decade ago I had a coworker with a geology degree and was first rate computer savvy. To be candid, she was pretty ugly, but damn, I thought her beautiful!

As a long time observer of gender/social issues, I'm amazed that "no one" has commented on facts like almost no females are on sites like this, or on tech photo sites, nor historical photography as a tech hobby, ever. Nor do women have much presence in instrumental music, music being a right brain hemisphere of mathematical abilities, which men excel at. My point is that with all our moaning about women not being encouraged to become scientists, there is a whole lot of evidence that it's just not an intuitive forte.

BTW, a deceased female neighbor of mine was the assistant to Admiral Grace Hopper, where from the term "bug" came into the vernacular. If you aren't familiar with her, or this, Bing it.

Thank you for stepping out and forward, Nerdy!

PS, just found an old Shoe comic which I photo'ed and sent to my daughters and granddaughters. First frame, "Jeez, that Marybeth Nerdler got a 98 on the math test!"
    Second frame, "Why is it that when a math test is supposed to separate the men from the boys....."
    Third frame, "....the men are always girls!"
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    09-06-2014 06:58 PM
    Wow thanks a lot this is huge!
    09-06-2014 07:24 PM
    BTW, a deceased female neighbor of mine was the assistant to Admiral Grace Hopper, where from the term "bug" came into the vernacular. If you aren't familiar with her, or this, Bing it.
    LOL. My life is full of Pauls that amuse me (brother, father, BFF). And I am familiar with Grace Hopper. I once saw a video of her using coax to illustrate a nanosecond. She held up a huge coil of cable in one hand and a 9-inch long piece of cable in the other... I've also heard that she originated the phrase, "It's easier to apologize than it is to get permission." It sounds like your life is full of smart women.

As for sciences not being intuitive for women, I'd have to agree to some extent. There are exceptions (like Grace and me [btw, that is grammatically correct]). I disassembled my brother's phonograph player when I was two, as well as an Etch-a-Sketch, just to see how they worked. Bwahaha. But then, I've always been wired a little differently than the stereotypical female.

As for that service manual... you really never know when you might need a service manual. A few months ago, my daughter spilled coke on her extreme gamer laptop (something that warranties don't cover). I was able to find a service manual online, disassemble the beast, wipe every internal inch with alcohol and q-tips, and when we reassembled, it worked just fine. I made her take apart her wireless Logitech keyboard and scrub it, but the keys were still sticky. New keyboard? $35. A whole lot cheaper than a new laptop.

There's no such thing as too much information. :D
    09-06-2014 09:11 PM