Are you motivated to upgrade your Lumia 925?

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I will stay with my 925 for now. It's a nice and proper phone, it is fast, it has a good battery life and camera and it's a Nokia. Now, unfortunately, it is sented out for warranty due to problems with my secondary microphone. I only have an old tiny Nokia 500 that I'm able to use now, so I really miss my 925. XD

I do admire the L930, it may be my next phone since it has very nice specs and a good design. I see it as a possible sucessor for my current 925. But I want to keep my 925 for at least a year from now, since I have had my Lumia 925 for only 6 months.

I don't know why people would ever pay 100 euros more for the L830, comparing it to the 730. It really doesn't have the advantages, like processing power, that the 820 had over the 720.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't feel any of the new devices really improve too much over the 925. Sure I'd love to get the new HTC One, but I don't think that will happen any time soon.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Not so much a need to upgrade. 830 would be a step backwards in graphics performance (games), and the 930 has TERRIBLE battery life and heating problems. Plus I think the 925 is still the best-looking and easiest to hold high-end Lumia they have created yet. HTC One is an upgrade in areas different than the 930 and I'm not sure I really want the things it has. Going from AMOLED to LCD, I'm not too keen on, either

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Not so much a need to upgrade. 830 would be a step backwards in graphics performance (games), and the 930 has TERRIBLE battery life and heating problems. Plus I think the 925 is still the best-looking and easiest to hold high-end Lumia they have created yet. HTC One is an upgrade in areas different than the 930 and I'm not sure I really want the things it has. Going from AMOLED to LCD, I'm not too keen on, either

The HTC One has an aweful camera though, whereas the L925's camera is rather good.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I probably would have upgraded to the 930 had it been available on my carrier (Tmo), but that's not an option. I definitely won't be getting the 830 due to the processor. I'm tempted by the HTC One, but will more than likely hold off until 2015 to see if a high end 900 series Lumia is announced.

I love everything about the 925. I think it is the best looking phone from a design perspective (Apple seems to agree). I'm anxious for new hardware, but I will easily be content with my 925 until that happens.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I voted that I'm fine with my 925 for now. If the 830 eventually comes to T-Mobile, I might consider it IF my money situation allows for it. I'm a bit reluctant to get that or the 735 though because it uses a nano SIM. All the phones I currently have and use take a micro SIM, so I'm not so sure I want to switch.

Also, I just updated my Rogers 920 to 8.1/Cyan, so there's always that phone to use (as well as my 810 that's running 8.1 via developer preview like my 925) if I get the urge to switch things up a bit. But the 830 sure is pretty... If I were to get that phone, I'd want it in white. Orange is okay, but the colors look weird with the aluminum, IMO.

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
i just upgraded this week... sold my (great and wonderful) 925 and bought 930... that's a nice machine the 930. love it for now and i'm very happy. so i can?t vote ;)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as metalchick.

I'll dump the 925 in a minute for the L830 if I can swing it.
Really wanting that 5 inch screen and camera ... those would be the sweet spots for me.
I don't have to have the topdawg device that most say they need.

I'm almost sure the 830 will surprise many of us if we give it a chance.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I currently have an unlocked pentaband Rogers 920 on Cyan and a T-Mobile 925 as my backup. I want to get rid of the 925 and get a new phone since 16GB is too low for me (only 1GB left), if the 925 had a microsd card slot I might have never looked at any new phones LOL. Currently my rock solid 920 serves as my primary phone but that 830 looks sweet, hopefully it comes in a variant that supports LTE Band 4 and AWS

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have said a number of times that the L925's lack of SD hasn't been an impact.
This was a lie!

I really want that SD slot in a phone that has the Pureview because I've been shooting a number of video's as of late.
The 16gb 925 isn't cutting it in this area.

Pretty much made up my mind to go the L830 route...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have said a number of times that the L925's lack of SD hasn't been an impact.
This was a lie!

I really want that SD slot in a phone that has the Pureview because I've been shooting a number of video's as of late.
The 16gb 925 isn't cutting it in this area.

Pretty much made up my mind to go the L830 route...

When you decide to dump your 925 let me know :)

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to take advantage of the Jump open enrollment T-mobile announced yesterday, but all they have for Windows Phones is the 635. Hopefully they get a 930 or HTC One before the promotion is over.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I moved to the 925 from the 810 is for Wifi Calling. I have to say, that esthetically, the phone is absolutely stunning! I have a tempered glass screen protector and a clear, thin case, and it still looks great.

I just hope 'n pray that TM does some WP offerings or I will eventually have to move to, ugh, Android. And the loss of the camera button in some of these new wet dreams is a non-starter for me.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I was not motivated, but I bought a Lumia 930 lol

I only spent $75, so I think it was worth! I really love Lumia 925, but Lumia 930 is a worth upgrade if you don't need to spend a lot of money. Have a better general performance (almost no loading screen), apps starting mor faster and the camera and screen are WOW.

But Lumia 925 still a greeeeat smartphone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte