Battery Life Experiences with Cyan

skagerrak

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I want to know your experiences with battery Life after Upgrading to Cyan.

I do not really know, whether this had going down to a rediculous range with my phone because of introducing some new apps or whether it is a common issue to the cyan update. What is your opinion?

Peter

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Definitely lower than Black, despite blocking all the background apps except the ones I really need (like WhatsApp, etc). Standby is still great as before, even better maybe, but the actual usage time is lowered noticeably. :(

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I feel my battery life is decent with the Cyan update and even before that. Never noticed much of a difference. My Lumia 1320 can go for over 2 days without charging if I don't play any games. However if I play a lot of games it last me for approx 1 and half day.

I have all my background tasks enabled and that too several of them. Even glace is enabled as well as double tap. So all in all I feel its great.

skagerrak

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Definitely lower than Black, despite blocking all the background apps except the ones I really need (like WhatsApp, etc). Standby is still great as before, even better maybe, but the actual usage time is lowered noticeably. :(
I feel that especially messenger like WhatsApp lower Battery Life significant in comparison to Black. Maybee this messengers are programmed not properly, because the phone gets very warm, while working with it.
Even If I use WhatsApp or Telegram very very moderate, I heavily come through 3/4 of a day. Did you make the same experiance?

Doriano Venanzi

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I have to recharge my lumia 925 two time in a day using it with ie, FB, Whatsapp, WPcentral app and other app for windows news with a normal use. I feel the need of a much more powered battery because the discharge is very fast if the smartphone isn't in auto save mode. :eck:

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Disabling Battery Saver (as in disabling it to work in background through the battery saver app itself) actually improved my battery life considerably. I read it on a thread posted in the 925 forums, about how disabling power saver improves battery life on 8.1.

I scoffed at that. But tried it because I was desperate. And I was pleasantly surprised! Took my phone off charger at 5AM, browsed some on WiFi, did quite a bit of texting, listened to 4 hours of music (I travel a lot), and even had Glance and Location enabled, and when I got home at 8PM I still have 40% left.

It's actually surprising, considering that since my switch to Cyan if I so much as enabled glance I had to charge by 8PM.

Try it. Might surprise you.

Red_Dragon23

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Disabling Battery Saver (as in disabling it to work in background through the battery saver app itself) actually improved my battery life considerably. I read it on a thread posted in the 925 forums, about how disabling power saver improves battery life on 8.1.

I scoffed at that. But tried it because I was desperate. And I was pleasantly surprised! Took my phone off charger at 5AM, browsed some on WiFi, did quite a bit of texting, listened to 4 hours of music (I travel a lot), and even had Glance and Location enabled, and when I got home at 8PM I still have 40% left.

It's actually surprising, considering that since my switch to Cyan if I so much as enabled glance I had to charge by 8PM.

Try it. Might surprise you.

Thanks for this advice, my 925 since the 8.1 update has had brutal battery life.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Battery life on my Lumia 525 has almost doubled after Cyan.
That's with Cortana activated, its live tile pinned on the start screen. And with live lock screen. Background apps are all enabled.

Only a few live tiles on start screen though. Maybe, only 10. Plus notifications are only turned on for up to 5 apps. No 3g. Only wifi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro