Hi people,

A quick question, can I use a Samsung Galaxy S4 charger for my Lumia 925 (to not destroy the battery)? The Galaxy S4 have a battery capacity of 2600mAh, and Lumia 2000mAh?

Thanks in advance
    09-13-2014 03:25 PM
    Yes you can
    Nokia Lumia 925 India
    iPLAY and xandros9 like this.
    09-13-2014 03:26 PM
    The amperage is more important than the capacity of battery in each phone. For example, my old Nokia charger is 1A where as my 1520 has a 1.5A charger (as it takes forever to charge at a lower current).

On the charger it should say the output voltage and amperage. That's what you need to check.
    09-13-2014 03:49 PM
    I have chargers branded by Nokia, LG, Motorola, Asus, HP, Palm, and numerous aftermarket names, both wired & wireless. They are virtually all interchangeable and for the most part will charge any device. The main difference is the amperage, which affects how long it takes to charge the device.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-13-2014 04:08 PM
    Im using huawei charger with my LG OG :)
    09-16-2014 11:20 AM
    I use Asus Nexus charger with Logitech cable for everything (phone, tablet, mouse, headphones, speaker), my wife has a Nokia charger for everything (2 phones and e-reader), we have a 3rd party charger (one of those brands that only make phone accesories) for all the phones, and I regularly use PC offline charging to charge my phone at night (with no brand 5m usb cable), and I use older Nokia cable to sync my phone and tablet with PC and to charge stuff as well. In the car I use 1$ no name charger with no-name cable, at work I use Nokia charger with Logitech cable for my phone and tablet, and so far, everything still works.
    09-16-2014 11:25 AM
    My experience is that USB car chargers need to be from Nokia White wall outlet chargers can be of any brand. If the car charger is integrated, i.e. no USB Connector then it Works fine too.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
    09-16-2014 12:32 PM
    The amperage is more important than the capacity of battery in each phone. For example, my old Nokia charger is 1A where as my 1520 has a 1.5A charger (as it takes forever to charge at a lower current).

On the charger it should say the output voltage and amperage. That's what you need to check.
    Yes, pretty much this!

But i've been noticed that low amperage causes fast battery drop. Can be placebo? When I use my old Omnia W charger (probably low amp), my battery can't stand a day. When I use my new Lumia 930 charger, battery drops much less.
    09-16-2014 02:10 PM
    I use Asus Nexus charger with Logitech cable for everything (phone, tablet, mouse, headphones, speaker), my wife has a Nokia charger for everything (2 phones and e-reader), we have a 3rd party charger (one of those brands that only make phone accesories) for all the phones, and I regularly use PC offline charging to charge my phone at night (with no brand 5m usb cable), and I use older Nokia cable to sync my phone and tablet with PC and to charge stuff as well. In the car I use 1$ no name charger with no-name cable, at work I use Nokia charger with Logitech cable for my phone and tablet, and so far, everything still works.
    Every cable works, but the performance can be very different if you wrong specs.
    09-16-2014 02:11 PM
    Every cable works, but the performance can be very different if you wrong specs.
    Probably, but I'm not gonna go buy 3 Asus and 3 Nokia cables just for that. I leave the phone to charge overnight, so if it takes 2 or 3 hours to charge is irrelevant, and at work I can have it plugged in 8 hours if I have to. Devices get charged, that's what matters :D
    09-17-2014 08:47 AM