how to reduce data consumption on lumia 925

Elton Mbofana

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought a lumia 925 and am struggling to reduce my data consumption. i tried to inactivate background data but to my disappointment apps on my live tiles such as Whatsapp i couldnt access them!! Setting the monthly data limit doesnt really reduce background data usage, but just helps to track usages. i dont download videos or audio files on my phone just web pages. with my old nokia e72, i would really not notice the data usage.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
There are ways for example email: Don't use as items arrive...try to schedule it on a per hour or whatever suits your need also in WP8.1. Have you figured out what apps are sucking data? If you do you can probably limit them using the apps settings.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
We all have a tendency to keep our data on, even when we are not using it. Stop doing that. Only use your mobile data when needed. Considering you use internet explorer for browsing, go to settings >data sense saving>high. This will highly compress the pages that you load. In uc browser, there is speed mode, it compresses around 70-80% web pages

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans