925 freezes or is off

lance5087

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure there are already discussions on here, but I am at work and in a hurry. Ever since the 8.1 update my phone freezes on the glance screen or is off completely at least once a day. I have to do a soft reset everytime because it wont turn off or on. I have reset the phone once thinking it may be an app but it still happened. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something I can do or is it just a bug problem? Thanks for the help.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me a couple times a week while on the 8.1 DP. Once I used NSR to put it back on 8.0, that issue went away.
Are you running an official 8.1 pushed down, or are you using the Developer Preview? I have to assume it's the lack of Cyan firmware that's causing the problem with the phone becoming unresponsive in "deep sleep" mode.

throt

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I got the same issue with update, luckily not that often, but they say that update made the phone more stable - yeah right - I wonder if I miss my plane one morning will MS pay for the ticket.

lance5087

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
My phone did it with the developer preview so I did what you said and went back to 8.0. Then a few weeks ago cyan came out and it still did it. It doesn't happen often and maybe once a day was exaggerated but it is definitely every other day.

falcon304

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. About once a day it'll lock up and I have to do a soft reset.
AT&T version, running the latest DP w/ Cyan.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Anybody running official Cyan without the DP? Curious if it's a lingering issue, or if it was the lack of official firmware/software combination that's causing the freezes.
It also didn't matter if I had glance on or not before I rolled back.

lance5087

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Well I went back to developers preview and got the latest update a couple of days ago. No freezes yet, but now my phone will make zero noises. I guess its just a work in progress.

lance5087

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
So I hooked my phone to Nokia recovery tool 2 days ago and did everything through there. Reflashed the software. No issues yesterday, but an hour ago the phone was off and had to do a soft reset. I came from android and used to hack my phones using xda developers which made the phones run better. Is there anything you can do on the windows phones similar to that?

Bill Zrv

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
hey everyone!
I have exactly the same problem. Just so you know I have the latest update on the DP program.
I was looking for a solution to my (our) problem here, before to do a hard reset. SO, it sure from what you say that the hard reset wont help. Now I wanna tell you what I have noticed. I have MANY apps that ran in the background, and when I start to uninstall all the apps that I don't use so much, the problem seems to go away. I know that the problem is not from the glance or the double tap (for one week I set them off and the problem was still there). I have noticed that when the phone freezes the red dot near the front camera wont turned off until the soft reset (I don't know if this is something). And last, some times when it freezes, pressing the unlock button harder make it work again.
Ones again I believe that the problem is the many apps that are installed in phone! Try to delete the most unnecessary (I also deleted Skype, foursquare and mytube :/ ) but now (the last 2 weeks) I don't have any freeze :)

have a nice day everyone :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos