What should my next be?

nycchris

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi all!
This is my first post in a forum in a WHILE. I'm an avid reader of WPC and this site definitely influenced my decision into switching to WP.
That said, I come from iOS. Loved it. However, one day I just woke up and said "I'm switching to Windows" and traded my i5 on Sprint for a Lumia 925 on t-mo (the guy at the store gave me this look like "seriously?").

"I love this thing" is an inderstatement. While I do wish the screen was slightly smaller for one-handed use, it's arguably one of the coolest phones I've had. Specially since 8.1, I love Cortana. I find myself using my phone for a lot more productive things now, too.

Anyway, my birthday is next week and I'm intending to treat myself an upgrade. Should I buy into an unlocked 1020 or wait for the next one in the 9 series that's compatible w/ t-mo?

Some facts for you to consider:
  • I don't need the upgrade, it'd be just a treat to myself.
  • I like the 4.5" size.
  • I don't like how the camera can take a few seconds to load on the 925
  • I like the premium feel of the 925. I like it so much I don't carry a case.
  • I'd like to stay on windows for this upgrade
  • Not in love with the HTC One, although it's a beautiful device

All thoughts and opinions welcome!

Thanks,
Chris

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!
This is my first post in a forum in a WHILE. I'm an avid reader of WPC and this site definitely influenced my decision into switching to WP.
That said, I come from iOS. Loved it. However, one day I just woke up and said "I'm switching to Windows" and traded my i5 on Sprint for a Lumia 925 on t-mo (the guy at the store gave me this look like "seriously?").

"I love this thing" is an inderstatement. While I do wish the screen was slightly smaller for one-handed use, it's arguably one of the coolest phones I've had. Specially since 8.1, I love Cortana. I find myself using my phone for a lot more productive things now, too.

Anyway, my birthday is next week and I'm intending to treat myself an upgrade. Should I buy into an unlocked 1020 or wait for the next one in the 9 series that's compatible w/ t-mo?

• I like the 4.5" size.

Thanks,
Chris
Hang tight my boy I'm hoping like you are that ms bring sum sweet phones soon !! But that m8 for windows is a bad a$$ phone!

aerosidinc

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest you to wait for 1030 or whatever name it's gonna have. Though camera of 1020 still rules, other hardware is outdated( specially if you want faster snapping).

aerosidinc

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Btw next 9xx series phone won't be launched anytime soon. So either go with unlocked 1020 or hope 1030 will be available on all carriers or you can wait longer for 9xx.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You might consider the 930. 5" display, so you should do a hands-on. The camera will get a nice upgrade with Denim firmware.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!

• I like the 4.5" size.

Thanks,
Chris

In the same dilemma as yours. I have a 920. Actually I want a 720p phone with screen 4.5 inches but a powerful processor unlike my 920 and somewhat better camera. I thought 830 would be that, but sadly the GPU is even a downgrade and screen is 5 inches. So, I decided to wait and happy with my 920. And speaking of 930, well, ain't available in my country, India.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all!

• I like the 4.5" size.

Thanks,
Chris

I would say wait for the next lot with wp9

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!

• I like the 4.5" size.

Thanks,
Chris

Stop. Breath deeply. Chill out.

Why are you so compulsed to buy a new phone, BD or otherwise?

Do you own your devices, or do they own you? Do you really need an alleged upgrade? Is your ego involved in this? (Almost assuredly, Yes.) Do your friends value you for your devices? If so, ditch them. Can you afford the upgrade treadmill?

There are many other questions that could be asked. I'd wager you don't need to spend monies to live an adequate life.

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have t mobile too and I don't intend to switch carriers. But if I were I'd get the Lumia 830 from att. T mobile won't have another new Windows phone for sometime so I'd just stick with the 925.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't need the upgrade, it'd be just a treat to myself.
More power to ya. The 925 is still a pretty damn good device. Top notch camera, excellent screen and feature set, fantastic aluminum chassis.

I like the 4.5" size.
Me too. But if you go larger, you'll find you'll get used to it quickly enough.

I don't like how the camera can take a few seconds to load on the 925
Switch the default to the Microsoft camera. Much faster. You were considering the 1020, the camera is even slower on that one (and for good reason too! 41MP!!!)

I like the premium feel of the 925. I like it so much I don't carry a case.
Really the only other choice for that "premium feel" is the M8-w right now. [shrugs] Some people

I'd like to stay on windows for this upgrade
Can't say I blame you. :)

Not in love with the HTC One, although it's a beautiful device
It IS a great device. Might even be my "next". Just leary about the camera and lack of "glance" that I've come to love. Although when I had the 8XT, the dual speakers were a killer feature, but the low res screen sort of sucked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3