Can we get windows phone 10 in Lumia 925?
    10-01-2014 06:20 PM
    First of all, search. It's a hotly discussed topic.

Second. WE DON'T KNOW. We can only speculate until we have official information. In this person's opinion, I'd think yes, but we have no shortage of pessimists and optimists on these forums.
    10-01-2014 11:58 PM
    No one can answer this question except Microsoft. They have not yet revealed if WP8.1 phones would be upgradeable to WP10. But its highly speculated that it will be available for all WP8.1 devices. I'm sure if MS wants to remain in the business it will happen. Only time will tell so for now sit tight and enjoy WP8.1.
    10-02-2014 12:42 AM
    Of course, if you have a T-Mobile 925 you may never see Cyan let alone Windows 10.
    calfee20, Yazen and jdballard like this.
    10-02-2014 02:38 AM
    Of course, if you have a T-Mobile 925 you may never see Cyan let alone Windows 10.
    Jan 1 20015?
    untitled007 likes this.
    10-06-2014 10:18 PM
    No. Any WP 8 phone wont see the WP 10 update. Only mid and late models of windows 8.1.
    10-06-2014 10:44 PM
    No. Any WP 8 phone wont see the WP 10 update. Only mid and late models of windows 8.1.
    Source? Microsoft has not stated anything on the fact of Windows 10 and phones.
    10-06-2014 10:51 PM
    Source? Microsoft has not stated anything on the fact of Windows 10 and phones.
    Windows phone users didn't get a windows phone 8 update...

Pretty sure windows phone 10 will need some type of hardware requirements that's early windows phone 8 devices don't have present.
    10-06-2014 10:56 PM
    Windows phone users didn't get a windows phone 8 update...

Pretty sure windows phone 10 will need some type of hardware requirements that's early windows phone 8 devices don't have present.
    Aside from some carriers that are still "testing" the update, which windows phone users didn't get the windows phone 8 updates?
    Microsoft has said that the hardware requirements are not changing. I can see if they cut out the 512mb devices from the Windows 10 version, but the 1gb devices should have more than enough power to handle it. Any newer hardware, like the sensor cores or new sensors, screens, etc, would be enabled with new versions, and those features simply won't be available on devices that don't support that specific hardware. Much like Glance is only supported on devices with display memory...
    10-07-2014 08:16 AM
    Aside from some carriers that are still "testing" the update, which windows phone users didn't get the windows phone 8 updates?
    Microsoft has said that the hardware requirements are not changing. I can see if they cut out the 512mb devices from the Windows 10 version, but the 1gb devices should have more than enough power to handle it. Any newer hardware, like the sensor cores or new sensors, screens, etc, would be enabled with new versions, and those features simply won't be available on devices that don't support that specific hardware. Much like Glance is only supported on devices with display memory...
    He means window phone 7.8 to 8.x
    10-07-2014 08:18 AM
    He means window phone 7.8 to 8.x
    That was a change from the CE kernel to the NT kernel. Which DID have specific hardware requirements to be met. 8 to 10 is still the same NT kernel environment, just updated to support newer hardware and better aligned with the rest of the hardware lines (tablet, desktop/laptop, xbox, etc).
    10-07-2014 08:23 AM
    That was a change from the CE kernel to the NT kernel. Which DID have specific hardware requirements to be met. 8 to 10 is still the same NT kernel environment, just updated to support newer hardware and better aligned with the rest of the hardware lines (tablet, desktop/laptop, xbox, etc).

I know. Just pointing out that the update he's referring to is not under "testing" as you said.
    10-07-2014 08:29 AM
    Can we get windows phone 10 in Lumia 925?
    So, pretty much, if everything goes well, which I'm thinking it will, then yes.

This isn't another Windows Phone 7.x to 8, which Microsoft did state they wouldn't do again for a long time to come.

Also, a dual core computer can run Windows 8, so I'm thinking a dual core can run Windows 10. ;)
    10-07-2014 08:49 AM
    So, pretty much, if everything goes well, which I'm thinking it will, then yes.

This isn't another Windows Phone 7.x to 8, which Microsoft did state they wouldn't do again for a long time to come.

Also, a dual core computer can run Windows 8, so I'm thinking a dual core can run Windows 10. ;)
    very poor analogy, but i hope for the best, otherwise a lot of WP users are going to be pissed off.
    10-07-2014 11:24 AM
    very poor analogy, but i hope for the best, otherwise a lot of WP users are going to be pissed off.
    From what I understand, WP10 won't be available for the first half of 2015... Even if it's available in early H2, it will still be outside the 2 year policy under which MS promises updates for all devices that launched with WP8 (except the Icon?). 2 years is the standard support time, even for Android and their Nexus devices... We shouldn't have very high hopes for an update.
    10-07-2014 12:20 PM
    From what I understand, WP10 won't be available for the first half of 2015... Even if it's available in early H2, it will still be outside the 2 year policy under which MS promises updates for all devices that launched with WP8 (except the Icon?). 2 years is the standard support time, even for Android and their Nexus devices... We shouldn't have very high hopes for an update.
    Windows 8 support was changed to 36 months: Microsoft increases Windows Phone 8 support lifecycle, teases upcoming enterprise update | Windows Phone Central
    10-07-2014 11:52 PM
    Wow, I did not know that! I suppose that pretty much means that 2012 WP8 devices (like 920) will be supported until September 2015 or so. Good to hear! :)
    10-08-2014 12:29 AM
    I don't believe Microsoft will support the Nokia 925 as nice as the newest quad-core devices. They probably will make some minor updates like WP 7.8. This way you won't be able to blame Microsoft they don't support the device at all.

I am predicting Microsoft will say the WP 10 is optimized specially for quad-core devices since all the last models have such a processor. By the way it may be truth and Nokia n30 owners will appreciate this decision.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    10-08-2014 04:33 PM
    I don't believe Microsoft will support the Nokia 925 as nice as the newest quad-core devices. They probably will make some minor updates like WP 7.8. This way you won't be able to blame Microsoft they don't support the device at all.

I am predicting Microsoft will say the WP 10 is optimized specially for quad-core devices since all the last models have such a processor. By the way it may be truth and Nokia n30 owners will appreciate this decision.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    Well you can already see some of it happening. What Denim exclusive features is the 925 getting? Heck, even Cyan didn't bring the screen tint calibration and audio settings that it was meant to. We're pretty much receiving pure OS updates at this point.
    10-09-2014 01:15 PM
    Or even official 8.1. OP is running around hair on fire about 10? Gimme a break.
    10-09-2014 09:11 PM
    Or Miracast.. Granted, Nokia did say it was coming soon (tm)
    Though would be nice if they expanded WiFi direct further.

Would love to take advantage of my NX camera features.
    10-18-2014 10:33 PM
    I very happy with all new features that 8.1 brings to my 920, but it did run a little better on 8. I'm thinking that this phone's hardware might not be up to having all the features of 10, either way... if I get all of some of the new features I'm ok because the phone is better now then when I first bought it.
    10-30-2014 07:24 PM
    Even if we don't get official WP10 updates for the 925 we'll certainly get the base OS via developer preview.
    10-31-2014 08:27 AM
    Just because Microsoft can implement something, even if it is relatively simple, does not mean they will.

Brightness profile? You kidding me?? Not that I would ever use the feature, just an interesting observation.
    Miracast? Yes, I was told that Miracast is definitely possible, and was going to be on the 920 when WP Blue gets released. Upgrade 822 >> 920 >> 925, wait, does not happen haha.
    Camera quality? They f'ed it up..
    Loading times? Yup, that too.. It is a software issue. Might be the scheduler, cannot be for certain as I cannot test this myself.

There is a lot more than OS updates when it comes to adding a new platform for the phone. Microsoft has not given enough love to the S4 platform, and this is going to hurt all phones using it. This mentality extends to the firmware for Nokia phones ........

So yeah, I wish I would have known this was going to happen.

The extended support is great, but judging from the quality now, why in the hell would you want W10 on your 925?

I love the 925, so it will definitely be in my "Cherished but now forsaken" drawer.
    10-31-2014 11:25 AM
    Just get your wallets ready for the next big thing, pun intended lmao.
    Waiting for the next flagship W10 device
    Lehel Vass likes this.
    10-31-2014 11:29 AM