Unlocking Lumia 925 AT&T

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand this thread. ATT never sold the 925, so how could he have a ATT 925?

EDIT: I was wrong, they did sell it.... nevermind.

Kevin Uba

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this is legal or not so please feel free to inform me otherwise but is there any AT&T subscriber willing to put in an unlock request for me through AT&T? I'd be more than happy to "compensate" the person in the event of a successful unlock. I've already tried 5 (as of my last count) different unlocking sites with the same negative result, so right now am trying to think outside the box and explore any and all possible options. Any suggestions would be most welcome of course...thank you!!

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this is legal or not so please feel free to inform me otherwise but is there any AT&T subscriber willing to put in an unlock request for me through AT&T? I'd be more than happy to "compensate" the person in the event of a successful unlock. I've already tried 5 (as of my last count) different unlocking sites with the same negative result, so right now am trying to think outside the box and explore any and all possible options. Any suggestions would be most welcome of course...thank you!!
The phone needs to be active on AT&T before they will unlock it. With a 925, which unlock services can't unlock, your only choice is to sell it to someone on AT&T. You were told this before and there still is no way around it. Have you run the phone's IMEI to determine that it is not reported stolen? Check it here: http://swappa.com/esn?ref=mobilenations&data1=UUwpUvbUpU2855846 If it's not stolen, then sell it. If the IMEI comes back bad, you own a brick.

Kevin Uba

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The phone needs to be active on AT&T before they will unlock it. With a 925, which unlock services can't unlock, your only choice is to sell it to someone on AT&T. You were told this before and there still is no way around it. Have you run the phone's IMEI to determine that it is not reported stolen? Check it here: ESN / IMEI / MEID Check (Free) > Swappa If it's not stolen, then sell it. If the IMEI comes back bad, you own a brick.

Thanks for the response, appreciate it. Yea, I have run it through the swappa esn check (ESN appears ready for activation!
This indicates the ESN is valid and should be ready for activation.), that's the result I got. However, selling it from over here constitutes a bit of problem because of the shipping costs involved, logistics etc....

Kevin Uba

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response, appreciate it. Yea, I have run it through the swappa esn check (ESN appears ready for activation!
This indicates the ESN is valid and should be ready for activation.), that's the result I got. However, selling it from over here constitutes a bit of problem because of the shipping costs involved, logistics etc....

ESN is white-listed.
ESN is not on the global IMEI blacklist suggesting it should be activation ready.
Microsoft Mobile Oy, Nokia Corporation Nokia RM-893 (That indicates there aren't any issues with the IMEI right?)

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
ESN is white-listed.
ESN is not on the global IMEI blacklist suggesting it should be activation ready.
Microsoft Mobile Oy, Nokia Corporation Nokia RM-893 (That indicates there aren't any issues with the IMEI right?)
It should be good to go, the hard part now, finding a buyer.

Kevin Uba

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, am back with an update. Got an unlock site through eBay that offers to unlock Lumias for a fee. Paid a couple of days ago and they just replied with a message that the line is still active on the network carrier. Am not really sure what this means but I've tried to contact the seller but I can't. Do you have any suggestions please?

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
It means, that the previous owner, did NOT meet their obligations to AT&T. You WILL NOT be able to unlock that phone, either directly through AT&T OR any other unlocking services...

You've been told, several times, that your only recourse would be to find a buyer for it, with their understanding that it's WIFI only device there.

We're so sorry you purchased a brick, but there isn't anything else we can do to help you besides what we've already told you to do.

Kevin Uba

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, you'll never believe this!! As you all know I've had my pants in a twist over this issue for a while now. So I figured "What the hell, what have I got to lose anymore" so I went over to the AT&T website, then to the Device Unlock page, filled the online device unlock form (as a Non-AT&T Mobility customer), and submitted it. Less than 12 hours later AT&T sent me the unlock code to my email that I entered. I followed the unlock instructions, the phone has been duly unlocked and I'm pleased to say it accepted my network SIM Card over here in Nigeria!!!! I just wanted to let you guys know and also thank you for all your help and assistance...I really appreciate it fellas. Much obliged!!!:smile::smile::smile:

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, you'll never believe this!! As you all know I've had my pants in a twist over this issue for a while now. So I figured "What the hell, what have I got to lose anymore" so I went over to the AT&T website, then to the Device Unlock page, filled the online device unlock form (as a Non-AT&T Mobility customer), and submitted it. Less than 12 hours later AT&T sent me the unlock code to my email that I entered. I followed the unlock instructions, the phone has been duly unlocked and I'm pleased to say it accepted my network SIM Card over here in Nigeria!!!! I just wanted to let you guys know and also thank you for all your help and assistance...I really appreciate it fellas. Much obliged!!!:smile::smile::smile:

Well now... Color me SUPRISED!!!
awesome news :)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm not a fella, lol but glad this all worked out for you! :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb