Unlocking Lumia 925 AT&T

Kevin Uba

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Lumia 925 (AT&T) in almost mint condition about 2 months ago on eBay. I've tried to unlock it using about 4 different unlock sites (oneunlock.com, unlockitnow.com, sim-unlock.net and even cellunlocker.net), all to no avail. After a couple of days or weeks (depending on which) they refund me saying it couldn't be unlocked.
I've checked and the IMEI of the phone isn't blacklisted or stuff like that, am at my wits end here guys and any help or advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks....

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried going to AT&T (that may be your ONLY option, for the short term).

IF you're a customer & phone purchase is satisfied (previous owner), they are supposed to unlock it.
Alternatively, if you know an AT&T customer, they may be able to get it unlocked for you. The third party unlockers seem to be having minimal results unlocking Windows (Nokia Lumia) phones.

Kevin Uba

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response guys. No I haven't tried that yet, unfortunately that's not really an option for me right now. Am based in Nigeria and had the phone shipped down here after I bought it so I could use it with our network over here. The phone is very expensive over here, the dollar equivalent is roughly $700...so I felt it was a good deal getting it for $200 on eBay, unlocking it for about $50 and saving myself about $450 in the process...unfortunately am now stuck with a virtually bricked phone (the Wi-Fi works perfectly though BTW)

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Caveat Emptor - you join the growing list of purchasers who assumed they could get their device of choice unlocked, mostly Canadian purchasers of US phones.

Kevin, your only choice is a friend / acquaintance stateside on AT&T who could get this unlocked for you - assuming the seller has satisfied their purchase (owes no $$ on it to AT&T).

Though, I did read of an unlock outfit out of Spain (on eBay) that was having some success ... prices start @ $80 USD, though.

Kevin Uba

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks MDK22, I don't really know anyone Stateside who could help out. So I guess I'll give the eBay unlock outfit a shot and see how it goes...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
But next time, STAY AWAY from AT&T phones.
AVOID THEM. they are cheaper than unlocked phones because unlocking is either expensive, difficult, or not allowed because money of course.
Of course, it isn't as simple and can vary from model to model, but avoid them to be safe.

I would sell your phone and try again with a factory unlocked device or one that's easier to unlock. (NOT FROM US)

Kevin Uba

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice xandros9...I doubt if there will be a next time, sure learnt my lesson "this time" and hope this has a happy ending for me:smile:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice xandros9...I doubt if there will be a next time, sure learnt my lesson "this time" and hope this has a happy ending for me:smile:

Sorry it had to be this way, but you know, carriers here obviously want money, and you just got caught in it.

arifbsantoso

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
$700? Wew.. So expensive. You just pay for only (equivalent to) $250 in Indonesia. Even below that price. My 925 just sold for only $245.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Kevin Uba

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi there guys...well, tried cellfservices and drew a blank there too. Am beginning to wonder if this is conspiracy against me:unhappy:
Am all out of ideas and seems the only one left is MDK22's option of getting an AT&T customer to help me out, and I know absolutely ZILCH number of people in this category. I'll appreciate it and I'd be most obliged if anyone could help me out with this, probably make inquiries and see if any AT&T subscribers out there or in here would lend a hand to help out a brother in need plssssssss!!!:crying:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi there guys...well, tried cellfservices and drew a blank there too. Am beginning to wonder if this is conspiracy against me:unhappy:
Am all out of ideas and seems the only one left is MDK22's option of getting an AT&T customer to help me out, and I know absolutely ZILCH number of people in this category. I'll appreciate it and I'd be most obliged if anyone could help me out with this, probably make inquiries and see if any AT&T subscribers out there or in here would lend a hand to help out a brother in need plssssssss!!!:crying:

Nah, its just a conspiracy against everyone, so don't take it personally.
I would still try to sell that phone, it would be easiest IMO.
AT&T has a policy of refusing to unlock secondhand phones, so unless you magically find the original owner, you may be out of luck too.

Blame money/greed, whatever.

Kevin Uba

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response xandros9. Selling it sounds like a mighty good idea right now, but the only problem is I cant sell it over here (No AT&T Service in Nigeria). So its virtually useless down here, unless I can sell to someone in the States but that will be a bit more expensive for me, considering the shipping costs to send it from here to there...not to mention the time-frame involved for delivery involved.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response xandros9. Selling it sounds like a mighty good idea right now, but the only problem is I cant sell it over here (No AT&T Service in Nigeria). So its virtually useless down here, unless I can sell to someone in the States but that will be a bit more expensive for me, considering the shipping costs to send it from here to there...not to mention the time-frame involved for delivery involved.

Perhaps someone who doesn't use the phone part would be interested? (Thinking of the iPod touch market)

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps someone who doesn't use the phone part would be interested? (Thinking of the iPod touch market)

I bought an ATT 520 knowing full well it won't work with my T-Mobile coverage... I use it as a gps in the car, with the added bonus of having it act as a media player. Here Drive+ and MixRadio ;)

When my parents were looking at GPS units, the cheapest option was a brand new L520 ATT go phone :)

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Here's how I unlocked Tmobile 925. And I'm happy I did it shortly after I bought because in less than a month it got blacklisted. Was still financed when I looked up. Sold it on eBay to ATT costumer.. Anyways
When I bought it after two weeks I went to Tmo store and they told they do not unlock phone in stores, and I need to call Tmo for that. The rep gave me the address of other store that unlocks phones, they said they can't unlock it, didnt say why. So I called Tmo, the rep told me I need to have this phone active (with TMO SIM inserted) for two (or one) week before they can send me the code, to ensure that phone is being used..

When I found out I cant transfer my WhatsApp chat history from 928 to 925 I didnt use it at all.

..After about five days usage I called them again. This time they didn't say anything about using it for 2-1 weeks, and next day I got my unlocking code via email. Unlocked and sold

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
AT&T are bitches when it comes to unlocking phones, from everything I've read and heard. So sorry you got caught up in this, Kevin. :unhappy: I hope you are able to find a solution or at least sell the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers