How do I install T-Mobile specific apps on an unlocked 925?

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
So I just got a Lumia 925, it's unlocked with no carrier branding. After initial setup and I was putting my apps on to it, I see some like my T-Mobile cannot be installed. I'm gunna assume that's due to region locking as it came in Spanish(mexico). Is there anyway to fix this? Flashing maybe? If so would I have to use AT&T firmware because T-Mobile hasn't released 8.1. Let me know if anybody has any ideas and if flashing is needed could you tell me what to do? I'm tech savy but, have never flashed a device.:confused:

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
So I just got a Lumia 925, it's unlocked with no carrier branding. After initial setup and I was putting my apps on to it, I see some like my T-Mobile cannot be installed. I'm gunna assume that's due to region locking as it came in Spanish(mexico). Is there anyway to fix this? Flashing maybe? If so would I have to use AT&T firmware because T-Mobile hasn't released 8.1. Let me know if anybody has any ideas and if flashing is needed could you tell me what to do? I'm tech savy but, have never flashed a device.:confused:
If you want dedicated T-Mobile apps, you would need to flash the ROM to the T-Mobile "white" one which I would never recommend. You are much better off keeping the South American ROM on the phone and just using the browser for your T-Mo account stuff. Who knows if or when T-Mo will ever let go with 8.1 and you may want to dump T-Mobile in the near future anyway.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
If you want dedicated T-Mobile apps, you would need to flash the ROM to the T-Mobile "white" one which I would never recommend. You are much better off keeping the South American ROM on the phone and just using the browser for your T-Mo account stuff. Who knows if or when T-Mo will ever let go with 8.1 and you may want to dump T-Mobile in the near future anyway.

Okay I'll take your recommendation, I wish they would release more higher end windows phones though. I know they have the htc m8 coming soon but what about the 735 and 830? hopefully they do get them eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720