Why did my Lumia 925 disabled my mic and voice recording after 8.1 update?

purvaahire

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 925 disabled mike and voice recording issues after 8.1 update

The problem of Out going audio on loud speaker mode and voice recording has been not functioning after 8.1 Update
This problem has occurred due to some issues in the mother board of the device.
And is within the scope of warranty terms and conditions.

The handset is under normal wear and tear conditions and still i have been denied any service under warranty.
This is absolutely unprofessional attitude from the Nokia team.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue ??

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925 disabled mike and voice recording issues after 8.1 update

If this is truly a hardware issue there is nothing we can do here as this is a user forum.

If it's a possible software issue you can try several things.

First would be turning flight mode on restart the phone and then turn flight mode off.

Try a soft reset - hold volume down and power button together until the phone vibrates. The phone will restart. No data is lost but you may need to reset time and date.

Try a hard reset - Settings -> About -> Reset phone. This will delete everything on your phone so be sure to backup prior to doing this.

Use Nokia Software Recovery Tool - you'll need a PC, internet connection and USB cable. This downloads and installs a new firmware. Again this will delete everything on the phone so be sure to backup.

FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

If after all that it's still not working then it's definitely a hardware issue and you'll have to send it in for repairs or get a new phone. No idea why Nokia/MS are being difficult if it's under warranty unless you have WP DP on your phone, in which case I suggest using the NSRT and getting rid of DP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett