Can I get Cyan and install the WP 8.1 developer preview?

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bypassing T-Mobile and Doing It The Hard Way

T-Mobile not having the update on time is a Microsoft issue. I am assuming that they will push out Denim with Cyan "Later this year". Similar to when BlackBerry had issues releasing an update for BB10.

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

what about net sharing ?? and LTE
The ROM I mentioned in a previous post has the LTE frequencies for both AT&T and T-Mobile. The button for internet sharing is also there, but I've never tried it as I'm on Cricket and it's against their TOS. Since they're are giving me two free months, I'm not about to push my luck with them. I have used this ROM for a few weeks and I still think it's great, would never go back to a T-Mo ROM or T-Mobile itself. Liking Cortana more and more and some of the 8.1 apps are much improved too.

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

T-Mobile not having the update on time is a Microsoft issue. I am assuming that they will push out Denim with Cyan "Later this year". Similar to when BlackBerry had issues releasing an update for BB10.
Sure it is. Ask all the people who had 810s about that. That wasn't Microsoft's fault, Magenta couldn't be bothered with updating them. It really looks like T-Mo is going down that same road with the 925s. I'm beginning to think odds of ever seeing it are less than 50/50 now. I've moved on from T-Mo anyway and much happier. I really like my 925 again.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

As a T-Mobile employee, I feel your pain; I HAVE to use their hardware and software. Anyway, I would suggest you wait a few weeks until we get the HTC One for Windows and JUMP your phone to that. Failing that, you can get the unlocked Lumia 930 for around $450 on Amazon. Don't muck around in carrier settings like this, however. This is silly.

Will the unlocked 930 work with T-Mobile? I don't think the LTE bands that T-Mobile uses now and in future(band 12) will work with the international 930!

T-Mobile has theses bands for now and into the future with AT&T giving band 12 to T-Mobile which is a subset of AT&T band 17!

UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV),
1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz
GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
LTE (Bands 2, 4, 12)

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Sure it is. Ask all the people who had 810s about that. That wasn't Microsoft's fault, Magenta couldn't be bothered with updating them. It really looks like T-Mo is going down that same road with the 925s. I'm beginning to think odds of ever seeing it are less than 50/50 now. I've moved on from T-Mo anyway and much happier. I really like my 925 again.

Because Microsoft cannot provide the options that T-Mobile or Verizon requests on time ?
It's Microsoft's fault

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

Because Microsoft cannot provide the options that T-Mobile or Verizon requests on time ?
It's Microsoft's fault
Or....T-Mobile and Verizon make more money by pushing WP users to I-Phone. Check this link: Availability in Europe - Nokia Just about every 925 in the known universe has the Cyan update, except for T-Mobile phones. Even T-Mobile Poland, whatever the carrier is in Estonia, every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd world country in South America, all have 925s with Cyan, but it's Microsoft's fault T-Mo 925s don't have it...that's just delusional. If it were a network issue, the 635s wouldn't be on Cyan on T-Mobile. Verizon was upfront enough to admit end of life for their Icon, but T-Mo just keeps dragging it on with the 925.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Or....T-Mobile and Verizon make more money by pushing WP users to I-Phone. Check this link: Availability in Europe - Nokia Just about every 925 in the known universe has the Cyan update, except for T-Mobile phones. Even T-Mobile Poland, whatever the carrier is in Estonia, every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd world country in South America, all have 925s with Cyan, but it's Microsoft's fault T-Mo 925s don't have it...that's just delusional. If it were a network issue, the 635s wouldn't be on Cyan on T-Mobile. Verizon was upfront enough to admit end of life for their Icon, but T-Mo just keeps dragging it on with the 925.

Microsoft is obviously skating on thin ice. Icon is is not actually EOL yet, they are not purchasing units from Microsoft ..

You don't see them dumping them like Touchpads and Pre3s. They are still being retailed ;)
Not EOL, EOS/S.

Verizon and T-Mobile have more options than most, if not all carriers that Microsoft has phones on.

Though I am not even sure why I am arguing with you in the first place.. Phone not getting an update is ultimately the carriers fault lol.

Just wish Microsoft would get to the bottom of this, and fix all the issues I had after black.

Look how long it took to fix bitlocker?

After black I lost wfc, signal drops, borked images, heat around led, battery depletion, and a good amount of my storage was not cleaned up.

Nothing fixed my 925. I think most of the issues are modem firmware related. Did not try flashing a variant, but I might as well do so. Tired of waiting :(
I really want my camera quality back. Did not see any improvements on att 920. Hopefully the wait will be worth it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99