Major Battery issue

Gerrit Morisse

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
okay....well,since im writing this out of frustration,my issue is that with my lumia 925,its been nearly one year since i purchased it and i live in egypt.Its a great phone and very sexy looking plus i like windows 8 plus the 8.1 update,but...........the battery is such a turn off for me and im having nightmares and stress from it since i only do messaging with this mobile and some browsing it only last for me 2-3 hours a day and with a discharge rate from 8% to 24% and i have everything off and checked the forums here for battery saving but no avail, i even did a hard reset about 4 times but it no results whatsover ,im a heavy whatsapp user since i connect with my friends,family,girlfriend and co workers through it and its unbelievable that it drains so much and overeats from that while my mothers blackberry z3 is cruising thru whatsapp for about a day and a half without a charge.My phone is a battery hog,i even have the charger with me all the times and a spare traveller battery charger but it sucks the juice out of it. Im seriously of getting a new phone like blackberry q10 or lg g flex or htc one maxx since their battery is much more efficient . Can anybody tell me whats the issue with my mobile??

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I feel for you as I am sure many do. Outside a factory reset and making sure no "hungry" apps are running in the background (ex: Here Maps), you will need to upgrade to another phone.

I had the same issue with my Lumia 1020 and eventually I got tired and upgraded to the Lumia 1520 (green). That phone lasts for the whole day with no problems. I miss the camera but the bigger battery was too ideal to pass up.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the option of a Nokia Repair Centre in Egypt?
In the UK I've found them quite speedy with their repairs, with my Mums old 800 because it was no longer being manufactured they replaced it with a 820 free of charge.

Gerrit Morisse

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
well i could but im out of warranty :/...could it be a battery leak or something but this phone is giving me whole lot of issues rather than battery drain which is the major part...

Gerrit Morisse

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
1520 huh..i just dont want it to happen the same issue with my messaging,draining alot and so..i almost made a mistake on getting the iphone 5c but the battery was to darn small :/

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
If you're on twitter NokiaHelps are good for getting in touch with. Then you get to find out the possible costs and argue the fact that this isn't acceptable in a phone just over a year old.
Good luck.

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
The fastest way to tell if it's a hardware issue is to charge it up, put the phone in airplane mode and see what happens. If it still drains rapidly, you have a bad battery or bad circuit board. If it stays charged, you have an app gone wild. Start uninstalling things to figure out which one. Also, if you are on developers preview, get rid of it and get a normal ROM that isn't beta. I get good battery life with my 925, nearly 2 days, but the ROM I'm using wouldn't be any good for India, wrong frequencies.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
What does the Battery Saver app tell you? Are there any runaway background processes?
Hard reset won't do much if you're restoring the exact same backup with the exact same apps every time...

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
OP, it's not just the 925. Battery issues are all over the road map for all WP's. There are many threads here about this, some many, many pages long.

I'm running Preview for Developers on both an 810 and a 925. Both, of course, started with basic 8.0. I can go a day or more with less than 3% drain, sometimes less than 1%. And then seemingly w/o reason, 20% or more. And then back down. Until MS does some kind of universal fix, this seems to be a price for WP!

You can often reverse high battery drain by rebooting. You can get maximum battery life by draining to shutoff, charge, do this three times. MS did an update in June to correct battery issues in June for 8.1.

Android, Macs, and iPhone are like Toyotas. Owners like to pretend they are perfect, that they never have problems. Guess what?

BTW, I visited Egypt in 1982. Loved it, loved the people! I observe with interest the goings on there in the last several years. It simultaneously hurts and yet I have hope. Power to the people!

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The fastest way to tell if it's a hardware issue is to charge it up, put the phone in airplane mode and see what happens. If it still drains rapidly, you have a bad battery or bad circuit board. If it stays charged, you have an app gone wild. Start uninstalling things to figure out which one. Also, if you are on developers preview, get rid of it and get a normal ROM that isn't beta. I get good battery life with my 925, nearly 2 days, but the ROM I'm using wouldn't be any good for India, wrong frequencies.

I've been running Preview on an 810 and two 925's and don't see any significant, consistent difference from 8.0. The other day on a 925 I was getting .3% per hour. The simple fact is, WP is highly erratic and such performance seems to fall outside of what phone, which OS, which firmware.

It just is.

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My battery drained faster when I updated to Cyan. I checked Battery Saver and disallowed most background apps from working. But, the culprit was my Gmail and other email accounts. They were allowed to download messages "as it arrives" rather than hourly which I originally had set prior to the update. Check your email accounts first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb