Multiple contacts and cannot delete them

popescu andrei

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my contacts are shown multiple in the phone book and some of them are with /m or /h at the end. what does that mean? and how can i delete them so i can have a normal phonebook cause when i longpress a contact nothing happends and if i press it will start a call automatically. help pls

popescu andrei

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I did go to filter my contacts, check and uncheck the "show contacts from my Outlook" box and it is still the same, i did go to my microsoft account and sync it, still the same, i think the contacts are shown form sim card aswell as from microsoft account or something else so it must be a way to choose which i want to display..

popescu andrei

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
i have facebook yes but the option to syncronize with my contacts is off, how can i delete a contact cause i cant find the option, i will have to delete manualy if this problem cant be solved

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have been facing the same problem on my Nokia Lumia 710 after a recent update.
A lot of contacts have multiple copies with xml tags in Profile. Filtering the contact list also doesnt help. More so I can see these contacts even when i hide contacts from all the synced sources, which makes me think, they are somehow cached in the phone itself. Did someone find the solution to this problem ?

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I think the only way is to regroup all contact details into one and then delete the duplicates at source. Unable account sync. Edit contact details rather on pc so that you can delete all double contacts you may have under outlook. Remake the contacts into one consolidated entry. If you have Linkedin, Skype etc. contacts, the data that is available from there will always bounce back to phone. That is ok as long as you don't have multiple entries on your Msft and outlook contract list.

popescu andrei

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Okay, if they are Facebook contacts, unlink and relink your Facebook contacts.
If they are Google contacts, unlink your Google account and so on.

There is no facebook/ google or any liknked with my contatct list, just the contacts appear doubled with /M at the final...
here are some photos to show what is really happening
wp_ss_20141109_0003.JPGwp_ss_20141109_0002.JPG
As you can see i have no option in the contact list to delete or even to select a contact, if i longpress one nothing happends and when i release it starts ringing the contact i press on.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I'd try logging onto your live account on a pc and see if it's the same there. Maybe able to delete them there, then when you resync your phone it should carry over the changes.

popescu andrei

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I think the only way is to regroup all contact details into one and then delete the duplicates at source. Unable account sync. Edit contact details rather on pc so that you can delete all double contacts you may have under outlook. Remake the contacts into one consolidated entry. If you have Linkedin, Skype etc. contacts, the data that is available from there will always bounce back to phone. That is ok as long as you don't have multiple entries on your Msft and outlook contract list.

I connected the phone to pc but no contacts folder is shown only (documents, music, playlist, videos, downloads, pictures, ringtones) folders. For the moment i am trying to save all my contacts to sim card, then delete all contact which seem imposible then copy all sim contact to phone hoping it will work but i am facing problems with that too, there is no option to do that(to select all contact, to delete them, and to import from sim card) there are some really weird thing happening to windows phones.
I hope i will find the answers for this:unhappy:

popescu andrei

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Go to live.com, log in to the same account your phone uses. Look at the contacts tab/tile. Then it's self explanatory.
Thank you very much, it worked, but can u tell me why every time when i add a new contact they appear with a /H at the end. What is that? and how can i import all my contacts to sim card?

gottago

Dec 5, 2004
Visit site
Could the 'H' & 'M' indicate 'Home' & 'Mobile', respectively? If the contacts came from another OS this may be the way they were exported/imported into Windows. Just a thought....

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
If you've imported them from a sim card I've seen H and M show up as some older mobiles had to have them as two different entries.
I would not import your numbers TO sim card as this is a benefit of owning a smart phone. Your numbers are saved on your phone AND backed up to your live account, any changes are reflected on both.
Then if you change device you just log into your account and all your numbers 'download' to your new phone.

Are you adding contacts via your mobile when you get a letter appearing at the end?

popescu andrei

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
If you've imported them from a sim card I've seen H and M show up as some older mobiles had to have them as two different entries.
I would not import your numbers TO sim card as this is a benefit of owning a smart phone. Your numbers are saved on your phone AND backed up to your live account, any changes are reflected on both.
Then if you change device you just log into your account and all your numbers 'download' to your new phone.

Are you adding contacts via your mobile when you get a letter appearing at the end?

Ok, but if i want to change my phone, if i pull the sim card out then the contacts will remain in phone, how can i delete them from there? cause i dont want to give the phone with my contacts to somenone else..

Yes i am adding contacts via mobile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)