Nokia Lumia 925 does not detect headphones

Magnus Find

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
For a while, my phone has been unable to detect any jack headphones when connected. It has been a problem since updating to WP 8.1. The phone acts completely as if nothing was connected, when I play music, it comes from the main speaker and not from the headphones.

I have tried soft and hard reset. After the hard reset I (as an experiment) went to "settings, audio" turned off "flip to silence", and the "magically" the headphones worked fine. However I haven't been able to make them work since.

No amount of wiggling helps. Due to the experience mentioned above I know that the plug is not "dirty" or something. Also I have tried three different pairs of headphones that otherwise work.

When I am in the settings, audio menu, I can see that they get detected for half a second (the dolby butten becomes blue)

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I dont think this is a corrupted install, I had this problem too a month ago, and I have been using lumia cyan several months, so it has nothing to do with the install. It is known that the 925 or 1020 has this headset/second mic problem. Some get lucky that it works magically for few minutes before it goes down again.

I just use a bluetooth headset now, and then after a while, the headphone jack works again, but if I keep using it a while, it won't work again. If you call nokia, they will just ask you to send to them and give you another one, however, if you are unlucky like me, several months later, this problem will happen again.

I am tired of this **** so I just use a bluetooth one.

Magnus Find

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
To both of you: Thanks alot for the suggestions. I might try the reinstall and if that doesn't work I'll return it (or get a bluetooth headset).

Best

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss