Lumia 925 - Lots of camera problems?

tomweller1

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 925 for months now, and it has been working completely fine until last week.
Last week I went to a concert and took a video, when I got back home I noticed the video didn't record any of the audio at all? I tested it again by recording some more videos and it still wouldn't record any audio, just the pictures.

Now today, I tried using snapchat but the screen was just black. I tested all of the different cameras apps and the screen was black on both the front camera and the rear camera...?
Then I noticed that when I aimed the camera at a light, it would show it on the screen.. the entire screen black except for a small dot following the light when I moved the camera around..

And finally, when I tried taking a picture of the black screen, occasionally the screen would return to normal, but really blurry. Then when I try taking another picture, it would just go to black again.

Unfortunately whenever I try to take a picture, even with flash on, the picture it saves is just a black screen, so I can't really upload any screenshots or anything, but any help would be great, thanks!

mark arsene

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been getting that black screen thing on my 925 since yesterday.. I have to reset a few times just to fix it -_-, btw this is the first time it happened since I bought the phone back in 2013

CCGremlin

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm having EXACTLY the same problem! I've even posted a question on here thinking I was ALONE or I had a damaged camera!!!! :( I've had my phone since March and my previous phone also a lumia - NEVER had any problems with that. Other than resetting my phone as Mark suggests is there nothing else?

mark arsene

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Well, I guess it's because it's on developers preview with all those drivers ain't updated thing again... I'll just wait till the official updates are out..

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue when my storage was low, and was switching between Microsoft and Nokia camera apps.
When I cleared space and did a reboot, I no longer had any issues..

What I experienced was:
- Blurry photos
- Black photos
- Greenish/Purplish/Dark photos

wadrythm

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
using the developer preview have no problems but the one thing that bugs me is the circular flash whatever picture i take with flash the central part will be brighter with the flash in circular pattern while the sides are darker, so turned off the flash. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos