WP 8.1 Arrives on Lumia 925 on T-Mobile

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Official Cyan update is finally here!

Installed Cyan on mine, along with ANOTHER WP8.1.1 DP critical update.... All is awesome!!!

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site

Did not have to revert. After Cyan on my Lumia 925 on TMoUS (finally!) got another update. That update brought WP 8.10.192.280. Cool new feature: Select and forward multiple text messages at once

Paedin

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Im stoaked!!!

WiFi calling working for me is a HUGE deal.

Getting MMS messages was a nice surprise! Got some new pictures of my nieces and nephews made my day.

Worth the wait. :excited:

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Those of you with the Developer Preview: Did you find that the WiFi calling is working still with Update 1 also?

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

I finally got the official download of Cyan from T-Mobile this afternoon approx 5 PM local time. It has successfully downloaded and installed. For my quick check of things that didn't work even with the latest Dev Preview.

1. YES WIFI calling works and,
2. MMS will work correctly even when it is on. Cool!

Great news. What phone have you got? Does this come with 8.1.1 and / or Lumia Denim firmware included?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I found that as well...I guess they haven't uploaded the latest version for NaviFirm. It still shows the old version (3051.40000.1404.0011)
Yep that's what I'm waiting for as well. Not sure whether i flash it over my unbranded rom or not (I'm not on T-Mobile so don't need Wi-Fi calling)

mbhq

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Seems like a battery hog; from 100% to 78% in 4 hours.
Battery saver is on, wifi / BT / location are off. On 2G standby, with manual email check.

Cortana is on, and I went into settings to turn off everything in the background except weather and battery.
Cortana (BETA) is really nothing at all what I thought it would be. I should turn that off since it serves no purpose.

Overall having 8.1 is not as big of a deal as I expected, the notification panel is only slightly more useful than having pinned wifi and network, brightness settings are nice to have "toggle-able" although wifi is a shortcut.

If the battery drain does not improve I'll be quite bummed about the update since I was happy with 8.0 particularly due to battery performance.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Congradulations T-Mobile users I am glad to see they finally came through as 8.1/cyan is worth it. As a Consumer Cellular user (att-mvno) I want to see everyone get what makes their phones better. Verizon can go suck an egg. Now T-Mobile needs to push thru the update for the 521 to complete the updates for them.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Very happy to finally get Cyan. WiFi calling works now. And there is data transfer indicators on the WiFi and cellular icons, which is nice. One nice perk is that it fixed my issue of getting duplicate twitter notifications for the same thing.

CB Stuart

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone on Verizon gotten cyan???? Forgive me if someone already answered this, I didn't read each post.

MalkyZ

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

How is battery life with the update so far? Going on a big trip this week and it would be unfortunate to deal with battery draining issues.

wasapasserby

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Onedrive app is broken on mine following 8.1 update from 8.0.

Onedrive tile is greyed out, can't open app. Anyone else with the same problem?

STXVI

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Seems like a battery hog; from 100% to 78% in 4 hours.
Battery saver is on, wifi / BT / location are off. On 2G standby, with manual email check.

Cortana is on, and I went into settings to turn off everything in the background except weather and battery.
Cortana (BETA) is really nothing at all what I thought it would be. I should turn that off since it serves no purpose.

Overall having 8.1 is not as big of a deal as I expected, the notification panel is only slightly more useful than having pinned wifi and network, brightness settings are nice to have "toggle-able" although wifi is a shortcut.

If the battery drain does not improve I'll be quite bummed about the update since I was happy with 8.0 particularly due to battery performance.
If it doesn't improve over the next few days you might be one of the few who might need to do a complete phone reset. When I updated my 520 on ATT there was no problem, but when I updated my 920 there was a few problems including battery drain. Everything fixed itself after I finally did a phone reset. Just make sure you backup everything before you reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon