WP 8.1 Arrives on Lumia 925 on T-Mobile

illyc

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Official Cyan update is finally here!

i can't figure out how to get a background picture transposed onto the tiles

n/m i got it

anyone using the more tiles option? not sure i like that.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Official Cyan update is finally here!

I'm using more tiles option. Took about a day to get used to tho. Now I prefer it.

illyc

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
really?

i'll try it out then

anyone know how to delete a language pack from cortana? i d/l the english UK version thinking she could talk to me in a british accent but it doesn't work if my language is set to US. can't figure out how to delete the UK one.

keyboard is awesome - action center is cool - cortana is cool

me likey so far

If it doesn't improve over the next few days you might be one of the few who might need to do a complete phone reset. When I updated my 520 on ATT there was no problem, but when I updated my 920 there was a few problems including battery drain. Everything fixed itself after I finally did a phone reset. Just make sure you backup everything before you reset.

battery life today has definitely been shorter than before - how do you do a hard reset? thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
battery life today has definitely been shorter than before - how do you do a hard reset? thanks in advance.
It's under settings under "about" or you can turn the phone off, hold down the power off key and down volume key until an exclamation point appears on the screen. Then, press the volume up key followed by the volume down key, the power key, and then the volume down key again. Gears will appear on your screen and the reset could take awhile. That said, I wouldn't do anything for a couple of days and see if your battery stabilizes.

Seems like a battery hog; from 100% to 78% in 4 hours.
Battery saver is on, wifi / BT / location are off. On 2G standby, with manual email check.

Cortana is on, and I went into settings to turn off everything in the background except weather and battery.
Cortana (BETA) is really nothing at all what I thought it would be. I should turn that off since it serves no purpose.

Overall having 8.1 is not as big of a deal as I expected, the notification panel is only slightly more useful than having pinned wifi and network, brightness settings are nice to have "toggle-able" although wifi is a shortcut.

If the battery drain does not improve I'll be quite bummed about the update since I was happy with 8.0 particularly due to battery performance.
Give Cortana a chance. Once you get it set up and it reminds you to get what you need at the store, or reminds you of something you need to do when you get home, it's pretty much game changing, but there is a lot of set up involved. It can be funny too. Ask her who Jen Taylor is, or tell her Siri called her a *****. She will respond. Jen Taylor is the woman who does her voice and is way more attractive than the woman who voices Siri. Microsoft +1.

Last edited by a moderator:

illyc

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Battery life seems to have stabilized
6 hours since last charge and 17 hours to go

The update caused tons of apps to run in background so anybody with battery issues check that

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I tested out Wi-Fi calling a couple of hours after I updated my phone two days ago. It's working perfectly normal again thanks to this update, and text messaging even works again, yay! One issue I have, however, is that I can't clear temporary files in Storage Sense like I can on my 920 that's running 8.1/Cyan (not developer preview). That's bothersome, to be honest. I have to clear temp files in Storage Check. I figured the Cyan update would fix this issue, but the second or third developer preview update for 8.1 apparently broke it. :-/

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I tested out Wi-Fi calling a couple of hours after I updated my phone two days ago. It's working perfectly normal again thanks to this update, and text messaging even works again, yay! One issue I have, however, is that I can't clear temporary files in Storage Sense like I can on my 920 that's running 8.1/Cyan (not developer preview). That's bothersome, to be honest. I have to clear temp files in Storage Check. I figured the Cyan update would fix this issue, but the second or third developer preview update for 8.1 apparently broke it. :-/

That's why I removed myself from the preview for developers program, completely reflashed my phone back to 8.0 and started over brand new with cyan on my 925. Running 8.1 update was killing my battery. I couldn't go an entire day without have to plug in my portable charger. Now as I speak, I'm at 45% battery and it hasn't been on the charger since 5 AM this morning and it's now 11:12 PM EST. All in all, I'm happy with the way Wi-Fi calling works with the cyan update.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That's why I removed myself from the preview for developers program, completely reflashed my phone back to 8.0 and started over brand new with cyan on my 925. Running 8.1 update was killing my battery. I couldn't go an entire day without have to plug in my portable charger. Now as I speak, I'm at 45% battery and it hasn't been on the charger since 5 AM this morning and it's now 11:12 PM EST. All in all, I'm happy with the way Wi-Fi calling works with the cyan update.

Are you able to clear the temp files in Storage Sense?

wasapasserby

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Jeez, my battery sucks. I did a 8.0 to cyan upgrade, followed by a hard reset, and my phone is dead after 8 hours with minimal usage

mooremediaone

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
It's the morning of Nov 1 2014 - Also got the notification that WinPhone 8.1 is ready for download. I'm on T-Mobile in Southern California. Finally!

RL76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Loving the new update, battery life is terrible though. I'll try the reset.

Can't find the Wi-Fi calling app. Help...

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
My WiFi calling app is gone. I tried searching it in the Store and it's not there...

Curious...
Are you searching for it on desktop or phone.
I can't find it on desktop, yet it shows up when I search for it from my 925 in the store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo