Why do I have a black screen with a zigzag icon when I tried to turn on my phone?

SatinSpellbinder

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Help: Emergency!

My Lumia 925 running 8.1 and Denim was perfectly fine when I switched it off last night.
This morning I switched it on and on a black screen there's a large 'lightning' zigzag icon and a (stationary) cog wheel icon.
That's all. It will not switch off, it will not charge, the back is not removable.
This is scary - help!

SOCMOB

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Help: Emergency!

Please see my post below for a link to information from Microsoft's support forum. My post count is too low to show a link presently.

SatinSpellbinder

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for your help. I did the soft reset which did work, albeit losing date and time which was to be expected.
However, my phone has since presented me with the lightning bolt & cog screen TWICE more so my thinking is that there must be something wrong. This has only happened since the Denim update - could it be related to that?

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for your help. I did the soft reset which did work, albeit losing date and time which was to be expected.
However, my phone has since presented me with the lightning bolt & cog screen TWICE more so my thinking is that there must be something wrong. This has only happened since the Denim update - could it be related to that?
.. Try ddoing hard reset if that problem occurs again.. And there is No denim released yet for l925

SatinSpellbinder

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

:confused: Confused now! If it's a bug how can I de-bug it? And could said "bug" be causing 3 malfunctions in 3 days? (i.e. the lightning bolt/cog screen)

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

:confused: Confused now! If it's a bug how can I de-bug it? And could said "bug" be causing 3 malfunctions in 3 days? (i.e. the lightning bolt/cog screen)

I don't know about the other things, but one thing is for sure, you don't have Denim. All the version numbers are the same as Cyan and WindowsCentral reported that bug about extras+info update and false Denim sightings.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Nonsense. It is a bug in extras+info. All the versions are the same as my phone with Cyan. So its not Denim. Just a bug. The firmware is still Cyan.

This has been argued ad nauseum on the thread announcing TMO finally making an official 925 8.1 update. I had the same thing. I investigated, and the list of new features matched that of Denim. However, on the first hard reset, I lost Denim and got Cyan. Frankly, much ado about nothing. It won't change your life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3