What to save before a hard reset?

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've completely lost sound from my 925 speaker (videos, apps, ringer, notifications,etc.) I do have sound through earphones and bluetooth. I don't think it's a headphone jack issue, since when I unplug, the volume control doesn't indicate headphone. I've not seen a definitive solution online, so I'm going to try a factory reset. I've tried this once before and it seems none of my outlook contacts restored, I had to do it manually. Before I do this again, is there a way to have my contacts restore automatically? I checked my contacts on outlook.com, and it's current - one that I added yesterday is included.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
First of all Get your speakers checked instead of factory resetting your phone. There might be some hardware issue.
Nokia Lumia 925 India

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've completely lost sound from my 925 speaker (videos, apps, ringer, notifications,etc.) I do have sound through earphones and bluetooth. I don't think it's a headphone jack issue, since when I unplug, the volume control doesn't indicate headphone. I've not seen a definitive solution online, so I'm going to try a factory reset. I've tried this once before and it seems none of my outlook contacts restored, I had to do it manually. Before I do this again, is there a way to have my contacts restore automatically? I checked my contacts on outlook.com, and it's current - one that I added yesterday is included.

After resetting your phone, if you use the same Microsoft Account for your default MS account in your phone, then all your contacts will automatically be restored back to your phone.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings > backup > apps + settings and make sure that your backups are current. If not, tap the button to back up now.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Tried restoring, problem persists. Luckily backup fully restored everything from what I can tell. Probably a speaker problem. I'll see if I can find somebody to take a look at it, although given the price of a used one I wouldn't spend much to have it repaired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss