Hey guys,

I have a tmobile branded lumia 925. The phone was working fine until I updated to the latest version of the developer preview OS. The problem is since I have updated, the screen is stuck in the sunlight readability mode, or appears to be at least, it may be a hardware issue. I have tried a factory reset, as well as restoring to the latest image available through the lumia recovery software, and neither has fixed this issue. Toggling the sunlight readability setting does nothing either. If anyone has any tips on why this would happening, I would appreciate it. Here are some pictures to show you the difference between a screenshot and a picture of what the screen appears like when viewing it.

wp_ss_20141115_0001.jpgoffice-lens_20141115_183411_processed.jpg
    11-15-2014 08:56 PM
    I posted a thread for this in the 925 forum but got no replies so I figured i'd give it a shot here.

I have a tmobile branded lumia 925. The phone was working fine until I updated to the latest version of the developer preview OS. The problem is since I have updated, the screen is stuck in the sunlight readability mode, or appears to be at least, it may be a hardware issue. Certain colors such as grey and blue are washed out and have too much contrast whereas other colors such as green and red look just fine. I have tried a factory reset, as well as restoring to the latest image available through the lumia recovery software, and neither has fixed this issue. Toggling the sunlight readability setting does nothing either. If anyone has any tips on why this would happening, I would appreciate it. Here are some pictures to show you the difference between a screenshot and a picture of what the screen appears like when viewing it.

wp_ss_20141115_0001.jpg office-lens_20141115_183411_processed.jpg
    01-15-2015 07:32 PM
    Any chance of the phone still being under warranty?
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-15-2015 10:36 PM
    I posted a thread for this in the 925 forum but got no replies so I figured i'd give it a shot here.

I have a tmobile branded lumia 925. The phone was working fine until I updated to the latest version of the developer preview OS. The problem is since I have updated, the screen is stuck in the sunlight readability mode, or appears to be at least, it may be a hardware issue. Certain colors such as grey and blue are washed out and have too much contrast whereas other colors such as green and red look just fine. I have tried a factory reset, as well as restoring to the latest image available through the lumia recovery software, and neither has fixed this issue. Toggling the sunlight readability setting does nothing either. If anyone has any tips on why this would happening, I would appreciate it. Here are some pictures to show you the difference between a screenshot and a picture of what the screen appears like when viewing it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20141115_0001.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	93829 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Office Lens_20141115_183411_processed.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	308.7 KB 
ID:	93830
    You mention toggling the Sunlight readability setting, in that same screen... Did you try the Color Profile section?
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-15-2015 10:41 PM
    Did u try softreset or hardreset...?
    01-15-2015 10:51 PM
    Did u try softreset or hardreset...?
    He stated in his original post that he did a factory reset to no avail.
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-15-2015 10:55 PM
    Thanks for the replies. The phone's no longer under warranty, and I bought it off ebay so I'm not the original owner. In the color profiles I adjusted the color temperature and saturation to the highest settings and the colors are still washed out. another thing i noticed is that the glance screen no longer works, when the screen turns off it just flashes gray and then goes black without showing the glance screen. At this point I think it must be a hardware issue, it was just strange that it happened right after the software update. I have an 8x i've been using since this happened, maybe when the phone gets the denim firmware it will help or maybe a windows 10 preview build.
    01-15-2015 11:02 PM
    I was wondering if by chance you had tried one of the phone diagnostic tools in the store to check the display.

Maybe Insider or something like this:
    Diagnostics Toolset | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) might help to check for a hardware failure.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-15-2015 11:44 PM
    Here's another app. Check out "Diagnostics" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...5-431ef28b7e80
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    01-16-2015 12:09 AM
    Thanks for the replies. The phone's no longer under warranty, and I bought it off ebay so I'm not the original owner. In the color profiles I adjusted the color temperature and saturation to the highest settings and the colors are still washed out. another thing i noticed is that the glance screen no longer works, when the screen turns off it just flashes gray and then goes black without showing the glance screen. At this point I think it must be a hardware issue, it was just strange that it happened right after the software update. I have an 8x i've been using since this happened, maybe when the phone gets the denim firmware it will help or maybe a windows 10 preview build.
    LCDs do not 'refresh' like you would expect from a traditional display (CRT). I think the display does not refresh in Glance, and the voltage is very low. What I am wondering is how your display controller could have been flashed in a DP update.

Maybe you could try flashing the oldest ROM you can find?

My fear is that your screen is receiving too much voltage, and would definitely die :(
    01-19-2015 04:21 PM