Why do my photos come out with a yellow tint?

ajknight7

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 925 Camera issues

Hello! I have a Nokia Lumia 925 on T-mo with Lumia Cyan. I know that this phone is supposed to have an excellent camera and this could be a hardware issue, but my shots always come out with a yellow tint and grainy. On rare occasions, i do get a pretty good photo but like i said, it's pretty rare. I also had the preview for devs installed but i did a hard reset hoping it would fix the camera issue. Anyway, thanks for any help or tips you guys could give me.

Also, does live folders only come with the GDR1 update which i can only get if i enable the preview for devs? just curious...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 925 Camera issues

Btw did you try to check if you get the same results after using 3rd party camera apps?

BBDemetria

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Do you have the flash enabled when taking the photos? When I take photos with the flash enabled the come out a little yellow. Depending on the environment(amt. of light, color of light, etc.) the yellow from the flash could amplify(due to weird image processing). If you aren't using flash then you might have a defective unit.
Posted via Tapatalk on Lumia 925

ajknight7

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tips, all! I did notice the yellow tint is much more noticeable with the flash on. I tried with camera 360 and the native camera app(Microsoft I guess) and they still come out grainy and yellowish, like its not even close to the clarity of my wife's iPhone 5s camera. Of course outside in perfect lighting it looks fine but otherwise the images look bleh.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Hello! I have a Nokia Lumia 925 on T-mo with Lumia Cyan. I know that this phone is supposed to have an excellent camera and this could be a hardware issue, but my shots always come out with a yellow tint and grainy. On rare occasions, i do get a pretty good photo but like i said, it's pretty rare. I also had the preview for devs installed but i did a hard reset hoping it would fix the camera issue. Anyway, thanks for any help or tips you guys could give me.

Also, does live folders only come with the GDR1 update which i can only get if i enable the preview for devs? just curious...

Mine does the same thing. When I snap the photo it looks great, after the post processing it looks awful.. Yellowish tint in a lot of conditions
BTW did not exist on Lumia 920 before portico, same with 822 ..

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I think the the tinting (green to yellow) thing with the 925 under flash may be caused by differences in the LED's used.
Just for grins I tried a number of pics shot while holding different gel camera filters over the lens and flash.

I was surprised to see the cheapest 1A daylight filter knocked out the coloring.
Some of my pics turned out not too good however.

Lately pics shot with the default app have been better.
In past years as my film camera flash equipment aged the pictures shot under direct flash were seen as "warmer" when developed.
Of course those flash attachments were Xenon\Argon arc tubes not LED.

Now days it's all about averages and post processing in or out of camera.

Daneshd1

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I have the same problem in my Lumia 925 .., all images come put to be yellowish

ajknight7

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, i just checked my warranty and my phone is already out of warranty. :( I tried again several times in good lighting(the kitchen with lights on, took random pictures of appliances) and the post-processed image just looks yellow and muddled. It looks just fine right when the image is snapped, but once i open it up to review, it looks terrible, so its gotta be a post-processing problem. Any ideas? I've been thinking about replacing the phone with a 1520.3, but i read on these forums that sometimes the signal isnt that great(on t-mob), also i dont really want to put down $400+ to replace my phone(and neither would my wife). Besides the camera part, i think it's a great device and i really do like how Windows Phone 8.1 is, it's a breath of fresh air coming from years of using *pple phones, which have been exactly the same since i have been using the original *phone(just my 2 cents, not trying to bash anyone's personal preferences). Any ideas on how to solve the post processing problem, i'd greatly appreciate it. My wife and I are planning to do some traveling real soon and i'd love to snap some pictures without having to bring a digital camera...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, i just checked my warranty and my phone is already out of warranty. :( I tried again several times in good lighting(the kitchen with lights on, took random pictures of appliances) and the post-processed image just looks yellow and muddled. It looks just fine right when the image is snapped, but once i open it up to review, it looks terrible, so its gotta be a post-processing problem. Any ideas? I've been thinking about replacing the phone with a 1520.3, but i read on these forums that sometimes the signal isnt that great(on t-mob), also i dont really want to put down $400+ to replace my phone(and neither would my wife). Besides the camera part, i think it's a great device and i really do like how Windows Phone 8.1 is, it's a breath of fresh air coming from years of using *pple phones, which have been exactly the same since i have been using the original *phone(just my 2 cents, not trying to bash anyone's personal preferences). Any ideas on how to solve the post processing problem, i'd greatly appreciate it. My wife and I are planning to do some traveling real soon and i'd love to snap some pictures without having to bring a digital camera...

Did you try editing the pictures?

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

Have you tried turning the white balance to incandescent? That normally eliminates yellows on most cameras.

ajknight7

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, thanks for the tips so far. I know i'm supposed to shoot in manual in lumia camera and adjust the settings, but i'm no photographer and most of the time i just want to pull my phone out for a quick pic and just put it away. Most of the time anyway by the time i figure out the settings to get it looking better, the moment's already passed. I have been fiddling with the white balance and that somewhat corrects it, but it doesnt explain why the image looks so grainy. My old Lumia 521(that i gave to my mom) takes better pictures i think that my 925...

DCProjMgr

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

This may be obvious, but since it hasn't been mentioned I'll put it out there. Check the lens to make sure it is clean and nothing is blocking it. Use a microfiber cloth to polish it up.

Other than that, my conclusion is that you have either a software or hardware defect. There is no reason to live with that. Sell the phone on eBay and get another 925, or something better.

anon8433722

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

Other than that, my conclusion is that you have either a software or hardware defect. There is no reason to live with that. Sell the phone on eBay and get another 925, or something better.

The only problem that I have with that statement is the phone then becomes another person's problem. Of course if the person selling the phone is honest, it's buyer beware.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

This may be obvious, but since it hasn't been mentioned I'll put it out there. Check the lens to make sure it is clean and nothing is blocking it. Use a microfiber cloth to polish it up.

Or maybe you have not discerned the tinting?

As far as Nokia WP8 devices, I have owned the 822/920/1020, and currently own the 925.
They ALL have had the tinting issue after updating firmware.

Nokia N8 and 808 took better looking photos compared to the 925 and 1020.

I doubt Microsoft will ever fix the issue that occured after Amber .. Such a shame, because it is a relatively easy fix. Why increase support life for x2x devices when they are not actually providing critical updates like these?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte