Should I switch from 820 to 925 or should I wait?

ZuLuuuuuu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have been using Lumia 820 for almost 2 years. I am pretty happy with it except the battery life. When Lumia 830 was announced I was thinking of switching to it but now it is available and it is very very expensive here in Turkey. But now Lumia 925 is pretty cheap compared to 830, it is actually half the price of Lumia 830.

1) But I also heard bad things about Lumia 925 like heating issues even with non-gaming usage, yellow tint on photos and bad reception. Are these issues still true after all updates?

2) I wonder how long will the support for this device continue. The hardware is almost the same with Lumia 920 which is 2 years old. There is no official statement but what is your opinion, would I be happy for another 2 years with this device?

3) Is battery life better than Lumia 820? Its capacity is certainly bigger (Lumia 820 has 1650 mAh) but it also has a bigger, more resolution screen. My Lumia 820 doesn't last a day even with medium/light usage. I don't expect Lumia 925 to last 2 days but I expect it to last 1 solid day like my good old N9. I don't do gaming but I use internet, messaging, sometimes GPS navigation etc...

4) Or should I wait for a few months and get Lumia 830 for a cheaper price? Lumias don't get cheaper quickly so I guess I would need to wait for like 6 months for Lumia 830 to go down to a reasonable price.

5) Or maybe I should wait 1 more year and get a "Microsoft", "Windows 10" device which will have latest and greatest software and hardware. But then I would need to go for a medium level phone since I can't afford premium phones like Lumia 930 or 1520 is now.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
As you would have seen with L535, microsofts models are cheaper than Nokia's which is obvious as MS is not trying to make immediate money out of hardware but use hardware to sell its software which means they are ready to subsidize hardware, I would say wait for a couple of months forMS to launch newer models

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm making the switch from 820 to 925 (with 8.1)
I think as long as you have the 8.1 on it then you should be fine!
I as well wanted the 830 but its too expensive, and although i love my 820 and the 8xx series, I just cant wait any longer to get 8.1 so I jumped the gun on the 925 its in the mail now but I'll let you know how i feel once I receive it! :D

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Since the 830 is available in your country... is the 730 available as well? If yes you can consider this phone since it's cheaper that the 830 and one important thing of the 730 is the micro SD support, the 16GB of the 925 can run out of space pretty quickly.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
If its cheap enough, go for it. The yellow tint issue is with the amoled screen. If you view those photos on a PC, you will see that the yellow is not there.

I don't know what to say about battery life. These phones are already kinda old with alot of updates. The battery life won't be as good as when the phone was new. It's fine for me tho.

It does get hot still, but that's the OS fault, just like windows on a PC over heats things, but I got over it and its not an issue for me.

Support will probably only last when it receives Windows 10. Remember its up to the carriers to push that up, unless you're on Developer Preview.

Bottom line, if you're looking for a change, I'd go with the 925 until devices with w10 comes out if you want to save a little money. If not, go with the 830.

ZuLuuuuuu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Since the 830 is available in your country... is the 730 available as well? If yes you can consider this phone since it's cheaper that the 830 and one important thing of the 730 is the micro SD support, the 16GB of the 925 can run out of space pretty quickly.

735 is so cute, I like it. Also 5MP ffc is great when you consider 830 only has 0.9 MP (I wonder whose idea was it). But I absolutely love Glance screen and can't think about not having it on my next phone. Also I'd like to have a great main camera since I take photos a lot.

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Didn't your Lumia 820 get 8.1 update?

I'll look forward to your impressions, especially on battery life and camera quality :)

No, I technically have the 810 which if I remember correctly is the tmobile variant of the 820 but tmobile stopped supporting the device shortly after releasing it so at least I never got the update :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb