How do I get off of my lock screen (I'm stuck on it, 925)?

tomval2k

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Stuck at lock screen on 925

Hi

My phone is protected by a pin code and when I swipe up to unlock, the pin pad is not appearing - just empty blank space. So I can't get into the phone.

I can open cortana by holding the search 'key' at the bottom - but can't do anything as the phone is locked.

I can't call the phone as it is in flight mode, battery is fully charged.

I've tried doing a soft reset but this isn't fixing it. Wondering if there is a solution that doesn't involve a hard reset.

Have just noticed that if I open up cortana, select "see more", then "get more ideas" I can try again to unlock my phone in 65423 minutes - perhaps something to do with having done a reset and the phone is not set to 25th November.

Any ideas?

Thanks

imaking31

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I also experienced the same thing where my friend tries to guess my password until it says wait a minute to try again. And because he's impatient, he remove the battery, reinsert and turn it on. The time has reset somewhere in july (that time it's September) and it says I have to wait for XXXXX minutes.

I tried searching online for some answers but no luck. I guess I am the only one who has the problem like that. The warranty voids when I install Preview for Developer. The only choice I has was to wait. And that's what I did.

If your warranty wasn't void yet, try consulting it to the store where you bought it (or in Microsoft Store)

tomval2k

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'd been abroad and the only wifi I could connect to needed a manual login through the browser which couldn't be done without unlocking the phone - have just got back and my phone has now connected to a wifi network it already new about and the time/date got corrected to the present day.

So I could then just unlock it normally. Crisis very narrowly averted - really didn't want to have to wait 65000 minutes to unlock my phone.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Stuck at lock screen on 925

Hi

My phone is protected by a pin code and when I swipe up to unlock, the pin pad is not appearing - just empty blank space. So I can't get into the phone.

I can open cortana by holding the search 'key' at the bottom - but can't do anything as the phone is locked.

I can't call the phone as it is in flight mode, battery is fully charged.

I've tried doing a soft reset but this isn't fixing it. Wondering if there is a solution that doesn't involve a hard reset.

Have just noticed that if I open up cortana, select "see more", then "get more ideas" I can try again to unlock my phone in 65423 minutes - perhaps something to do with having done a reset and the phone is not set to 25th November.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I had a similar issue with a Huawei W1. Ended up having to perform a hard reset, could not wait over a month for the device to unlock..
Probably running Developer Preview if your time got synced over WiFi..

If you can get out of Airplane Mode maybe you can try the 'Find My Phone' features on Microsoft's website

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99