Lumia 925 one year later started to lag?

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey WinPhans, i have a Lumia 925 16GB black. I have had this phone for a year now and it is performing better than most phones in the market now (my opinion, not the point of this thread).

But starting last week i started to have this weird problem, the phone is running Windows Phone 8.1 Update DP with Cyan since October last year. Now whenever i switch from an App to the start screen with the back button or using the start button the animation is laggy. I have never had this problem before and i am used to Windows Phone being fast and smooth on all devices even the very low end ones like the 520 (which i had before this one). So call me obsessed or a person with OCD but this is weird, why now? what is going on? has this happened to you owners of the 925? if yes, how did you solve it?

I cant afford doing a full reset or using the lumia software recovery because i don't have a lot of free time and also because i suffered this a month ago with the stupid Chive app bug.

Please share with me your experiences..

Thank you all to the best community ever.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you try a soft reset, clear IE history, clear temporary files, check if you still have enough memory free, did you install a new app which may trigger it.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I'd had my 925 a similar amount of time and also running DP before I started getting lag.
Noticeable in scrolling and switching back to home screen you could actually see the tiles loading back up into the bank spaces.

Sorry to say full reset is all that cured it. Ran like new afterwards.

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Did you try a soft reset, clear IE history, clear temporary files, check if you still have enough memory free, did you install a new app which may trigger it.

I did try that, also removed some unwanted apps, same thing.
The animation inside the apps are not affected means those are good and smooth, but the start screen animation is laggy sometimes.

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd had my 925 a similar amount of time and also running DP before I started getting lag.
Noticeable in scrolling and switching back to home screen you could actually see the tiles loading back up into the bank spaces.

Sorry to say full reset is all that cured it. Ran like new afterwards.

Well now i am hoping that it wont get to this point. And i did a hard reset like a month ago because of the buggy Chive app (Official)

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I am also facing the same issue. Battery life is worst. I switch off my data while sleeping, i switch on battery saver, all background applications are disabled still i lose 7.5% per hour. The battery indicator doesn't work properly. Phone freezes now and then. Hard reset did not solve my issues. Even lumia software recovery tool doesn't detect my phone but it detects my 620 and my friends 820 also. The latest DP update has spoiled my 925. Waiting for new update now hope it fixes all these issues
Nokia Lumia 925 India

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I am also facing the same issue. Battery life is worst. I switch off my data while sleeping, i switch on battery saver, all background applications are disabled still i lose 7.5% per hour. The battery indicator doesn't work properly. Phone freezes now and then. Hard reset did not solve my issues. Even lumia software recovery tool doesn't detect my phone but it detects my 620 and my friends 820 also. The latest DP update has spoiled my 925. Waiting for new update now hope it fixes all these issues
Nokia Lumia 925 India

Well when i sleep i keep my WiFi on and i dont even use battery saver and when i wake up it is around 93% (sleep for about 6~7 hours) and the battery gives me around 15 hours a day and i am a heavy user. So the battery life isn't a problem for me.

I would suggest trying to use the Lumia Software Recovery on another PC or removing the 925 drivers and connecting the phone again to reinstall them then reinstalling the LSR. Might fix your problem.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Well when i sleep i keep my WiFi on and i dont even use battery saver and when i wake up it is around 93% (sleep for about 6~7 hours) and the battery gives me around 15 hours a day and i am a heavy user. So the battery life isn't a problem for me.

I would suggest trying to use the Lumia Software Recovery on another PC or removing the 925 drivers and connecting the phone again to reinstall them then reinstalling the LSR. Might fix your problem.

Lets see if it works

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
The developer preview without firmware is both buggy and slightly laggy.

If you want perfect fluidity don't use the Developer Preview. Also, you need to use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool to downgrade your phone to WP8.1.0 Cyan if you want your phone to be bug and lag free.

So if you have OCD with perfect smoothness (you don't, you just want one of the natural pleasures of using a Windows Phone), that's your only option. Sorry.

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
The developer preview without firmware is both buggy and slightly laggy.

If you want perfect fluidity don't use the Developer Preview. Also, you need to use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool to downgrade your phone to WP8.1.0 Cyan if you want your phone to be bug and lag free.

So if you have OCD with perfect smoothness (you don't, you just want one of the natural pleasures of using a Windows Phone), that's your only option. Sorry.

I understand all of that, but like I said, for the last three months the DP was smooth and the performance was very good, I don't know what happened now. But thnx for your reply.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Delete the last couple of apps you installed when you noticed this problem and do a soft reset. If it then goes back to fast like it used to then it was an app that did it. Just a guess anyway

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Chive app bug

If you had the Chive app, then I would recommend you to take some time and do a hard reset, otherwise the lag will stay and eventually might even be an issue for your power/lock button. If you are running cyan then most of your apps and some of the data will be restored. In this case a soft reset won't be helpful. Also what do you use as a lockscreen? static images or the automatic bing images

Edit: Just saw your comment about the hard reset, so skip that

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
If you had the Chive app, then I would recommend you to take some time and do a hard reset, otherwise the lag will stay and eventually might even be an issue for your power/lock button. If you are running cyan then most of your apps and some of the data will be restored. In this case a soft reset won't be helpful. Also what do you use as a lockscreen? static images or the automatic bing images

Edit: Just saw your comment about the hard reset, so skip that

Well, i am using the 'Stock' lockscreen with a static image (size is 159KB) and i am using the same one for the start screen background. i understand that the OS crops is and compresses it more, i removed it from the start screen but the lag was still there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb