01-19-2015 02:27 AM
36 12
tools
    Hey WinPhans, i have a Lumia 925 16GB black. I have had this phone for a year now and it is performing better than most phones in the market now (my opinion, not the point of this thread).

But starting last week i started to have this weird problem, the phone is running Windows Phone 8.1 Update DP with Cyan since October last year. Now whenever i switch from an App to the start screen with the back button or using the start button the animation is laggy. I have never had this problem before and i am used to Windows Phone being fast and smooth on all devices even the very low end ones like the 520 (which i had before this one). So call me obsessed or a person with OCD but this is weird, why now? what is going on? has this happened to you owners of the 925? if yes, how did you solve it?

I cant afford doing a full reset or using the lumia software recovery because i don't have a lot of free time and also because i suffered this a month ago with the stupid Chive app bug.

Please share with me your experiences..

Thank you all to the best community ever.
    01-10-2015 02:34 AM
    Did you try a soft reset, clear IE history, clear temporary files, check if you still have enough memory free, did you install a new app which may trigger it.
    Rafael Yousuf likes this.
    01-10-2015 02:41 AM
    I'd had my 925 a similar amount of time and also running DP before I started getting lag.
    Noticeable in scrolling and switching back to home screen you could actually see the tiles loading back up into the bank spaces.

Sorry to say full reset is all that cured it. Ran like new afterwards.
    01-10-2015 02:43 AM
    Did you try a soft reset, clear IE history, clear temporary files, check if you still have enough memory free, did you install a new app which may trigger it.
    I did try that, also removed some unwanted apps, same thing.
    The animation inside the apps are not affected means those are good and smooth, but the start screen animation is laggy sometimes.
    01-10-2015 02:44 AM
    I'd had my 925 a similar amount of time and also running DP before I started getting lag.
    Noticeable in scrolling and switching back to home screen you could actually see the tiles loading back up into the bank spaces.

Sorry to say full reset is all that cured it. Ran like new afterwards.
    Well now i am hoping that it wont get to this point. And i did a hard reset like a month ago because of the buggy Chive app (Official)
    01-10-2015 02:45 AM
    I am also facing the same issue. Battery life is worst. I switch off my data while sleeping, i switch on battery saver, all background applications are disabled still i lose 7.5% per hour. The battery indicator doesn't work properly. Phone freezes now and then. Hard reset did not solve my issues. Even lumia software recovery tool doesn't detect my phone but it detects my 620 and my friends 820 also. The latest DP update has spoiled my 925. Waiting for new update now hope it fixes all these issues
    Nokia Lumia 925 India
    01-10-2015 02:47 AM
    I am also facing the same issue. Battery life is worst. I switch off my data while sleeping, i switch on battery saver, all background applications are disabled still i lose 7.5% per hour. The battery indicator doesn't work properly. Phone freezes now and then. Hard reset did not solve my issues. Even lumia software recovery tool doesn't detect my phone but it detects my 620 and my friends 820 also. The latest DP update has spoiled my 925. Waiting for new update now hope it fixes all these issues
    Nokia Lumia 925 India
    Well when i sleep i keep my WiFi on and i dont even use battery saver and when i wake up it is around 93% (sleep for about 6~7 hours) and the battery gives me around 15 hours a day and i am a heavy user. So the battery life isn't a problem for me.

I would suggest trying to use the Lumia Software Recovery on another PC or removing the 925 drivers and connecting the phone again to reinstall them then reinstalling the LSR. Might fix your problem.
    Aniket Mhatre likes this.
    01-10-2015 02:52 AM
    Well when i sleep i keep my WiFi on and i dont even use battery saver and when i wake up it is around 93% (sleep for about 6~7 hours) and the battery gives me around 15 hours a day and i am a heavy user. So the battery life isn't a problem for me.

I would suggest trying to use the Lumia Software Recovery on another PC or removing the 925 drivers and connecting the phone again to reinstall them then reinstalling the LSR. Might fix your problem.

Lets see if it works
    01-10-2015 02:53 AM
    Lets see if it works
    Hopefully, but I am still looking for a solution for the lag on the start menu...
    01-10-2015 03:38 AM
    Thanks for the solution it worked. About other issues lets wait for the update
    Nokia Lumia 925 India
    01-10-2015 03:41 AM
    The developer preview without firmware is both buggy and slightly laggy.

If you want perfect fluidity don't use the Developer Preview. Also, you need to use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool to downgrade your phone to WP8.1.0 Cyan if you want your phone to be bug and lag free.

So if you have OCD with perfect smoothness (you don't, you just want one of the natural pleasures of using a Windows Phone), that's your only option. Sorry.
    Marquis de Faux and jojoe42 like this.
    01-10-2015 03:45 AM
    Glad I was able to help.
    01-10-2015 04:01 AM
    Thanks for the solution it worked. About other issues lets wait for the update
    Nokia Lumia 925 India
    Glad I was able to help.
    01-10-2015 04:02 AM
    The developer preview without firmware is both buggy and slightly laggy.

If you want perfect fluidity don't use the Developer Preview. Also, you need to use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool to downgrade your phone to WP8.1.0 Cyan if you want your phone to be bug and lag free.

So if you have OCD with perfect smoothness (you don't, you just want one of the natural pleasures of using a Windows Phone), that's your only option. Sorry.
    I understand all of that, but like I said, for the last three months the DP was smooth and the performance was very good, I don't know what happened now. But thnx for your reply.
    01-10-2015 04:04 AM
    Delete the last couple of apps you installed when you noticed this problem and do a soft reset. If it then goes back to fast like it used to then it was an app that did it. Just a guess anyway
    01-10-2015 04:34 AM
    Delete the last couple of apps you installed when you noticed this problem and do a soft reset. If it then goes back to fast like it used to then it was an app that did it. Just a guess anyway
    I have done that too, but thnx for the reply
    01-10-2015 05:27 AM
    A hard reset will fix everything
    01-10-2015 05:44 AM
    A hard reset will fix everything
    i did it like a month ago because of the "OFFICIAL" Chive app.
    ven07 likes this.
    01-10-2015 06:49 AM
    Chive app bug
    If you had the Chive app, then I would recommend you to take some time and do a hard reset, otherwise the lag will stay and eventually might even be an issue for your power/lock button. If you are running cyan then most of your apps and some of the data will be restored. In this case a soft reset won't be helpful. Also what do you use as a lockscreen? static images or the automatic bing images

Edit: Just saw your comment about the hard reset, so skip that
    01-10-2015 07:09 AM
    If you had the Chive app, then I would recommend you to take some time and do a hard reset, otherwise the lag will stay and eventually might even be an issue for your power/lock button. If you are running cyan then most of your apps and some of the data will be restored. In this case a soft reset won't be helpful. Also what do you use as a lockscreen? static images or the automatic bing images

Edit: Just saw your comment about the hard reset, so skip that
    Well, i am using the 'Stock' lockscreen with a static image (size is 159KB) and i am using the same one for the start screen background. i understand that the OS crops is and compresses it more, i removed it from the start screen but the lag was still there.
    01-10-2015 07:16 AM
    Do you have Cortana pinned to the startscreen? If you do, then remove her tile and check if the issue is still there
    01-10-2015 07:21 AM
    Well, i am using the 'Stock' lockscreen with a static image (size is 159KB) and i am using the same one for the start screen background. i understand that the OS crops is and compresses it more, i removed it from the start screen but the lag was still there.
    Did you had installed the 'Live lock screen beta'? That gives you a lot of lag even after uninstall.
    ven07 likes this.
    01-10-2015 07:26 AM
    Do you have Cortana pinned to the startscreen? If you do, then remove her tile and check if the issue is still there
    Will try that now. Interesting idea. Its animation maybe using too much CPU for rendering...
    01-10-2015 07:35 AM
    I have it installed a long time ago, it didnt do the resuming bug for me, however i am not using it now, gonna remove it anyway and check back with you
    ven07 likes this.
    01-10-2015 07:38 AM
    Will try that now. Interesting idea. Its animation maybe using too much CPU for rendering...
    A lot of people have been complaining about this issue, MS should have a look into this bug.
    ven07 likes this.
    01-10-2015 07:49 AM
36 12