Denim update for Lumia 925 in the US?

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
If you are running Preview for Developers, you need to turn it off for the update to be available on your phone.

omatic73

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I am getting this message. "The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened. (8018839f)." Does anyone know how to fix this?

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am getting this message. "The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened. (8018839f)." Does anyone know how to fix this?

Use the Nokia Storage app to clear temporary files. Update might be corrupt, and the phone is probably not going to try and download the update again unless you delete the corrupt package.

omatic73

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Use the Nokia Storage app to clear temporary files. Update might be corrupt, and the phone is probably not going to try and download the update again unless you delete the corrupt package.

I tried this and it did not work. For some reason, I was already on Denim, so I don't know what this is about. When I bought the Band and updated MS Health, I got placed on Denim. I wish I knew what this update is for. I didn't download a preview or anything that I am aware of. Also, I'd rather not do a factory reset. Hopefully, this will correct itself, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks.

Andrew Brown8

Banned
Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
8:30 am this morning Feb 25th my phone said it had a critical update and after 10 to 15 mins of downloading and installing i can confirm the Tmobile 925 has Denim ! Microsoft must have pushed this out because T mobile i spoke to this afternoon has no idea when the update will come out if ever ( idiots ) .....And i have an Unlocked Tmobile 925 running on my Canadian provider Eastlink Wireless that is on the 1700/2100 frequency LTE the same as Tmobile

Andrew Brown8

Banned
Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Whats weird is it didn't restart the phone like when i jumped to CYAN. Makes me wonder if I reboot the phone and wipe it will I be back to CYAN and have to reinstall the update :( ...Another question is I thought once a phones OS went to Denim that Cortana would no longer be in Beta mode!!

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried this and it did not work. For some reason, I was already on Denim, so I don't know what this is about. When I bought the Band and updated MS Health, I got placed on Denim. I wish I knew what this update is for. I didn't download a preview or anything that I am aware of. Also, I'd rather not do a factory reset. Hopefully, this will correct itself, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks.

Your issue might be common, and Microsoft will most definitely release a fix to get you back on track. In all likelihood you would be better off flashing your device before installing future updates OTA :)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Finally got Denim on my phone this past Friday. I wasn't aware that I had to turn off Preview for Developers, so thanks again to the guy who informed me of that!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99