SIM Card Question

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting an iPhone 5S but definitely want to keep using my 925 and swap a SIM card between both. With that said, I would obviously need a nano SIM to use the 5S. Has anyone tried using a nano SIM in their 925? I'm wondering if there's any way to use one successfully without a SIM adapter or if it would just move around too much and lose signal as a result. Also, anyone have any positive results using a nano SIM in a Noosy micro SIM adapter in the 925?

Thanks in advance!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting an iPhone 5S but definitely want to keep using my 925 and swap a SIM card between both. With that said, I would obviously need a nano SIM to use the 5S. Has anyone tried using a nano SIM in their 925? I'm wondering if there's any way to use one successfully without a SIM adapter or if it would just move around too much and lose signal as a result. Also, anyone have any positive results using a nano SIM in a Noosy micro SIM adapter in the 925?

Thanks in advance!

1 Without a tray it will not work.(and I would not recommend to try)
2 If you use a tray be careful that the SIM is placed correct in the tray otherwise it can get jammed in the 925.
3 Do you want to cut your Micro to Nano. If so I read somewhere that IPhone may have some problems with it because the sim is to "thick". Not sure if it is a real problem but just in case.
4 Getting a SIM in and out the 925 is not really easy. I can get(have to pay actual) 2 SIM's from my provider with the same number so if you have to change a lot maybe this could also be an option for you.

No experience with a Noosy.
I had a "big" SIM and cut it to micro and when I need it in my old "big" sim phone I placed it back in the "cutout" and place it in the old phone.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I've used a nano-SIM with an adapter on my 925. It works just fine. Make sure the adapter you get has smooth texture and is not to thick with the nano-SIM else it might get stuck in the actual SIM pins on the phone

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've used a nano-SIM with an adapter on my 925. It works just fine. Make sure the adapter you get has smooth texture and is not to thick with the nano-SIM else it might get stuck in the actual SIM pins on the phone

That sounds very promising. What kind of SIM adapter have you used?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon