02-26-2015 03:11 PM
42 12
tools
    Very strange ...when I put my Dev Preview app off I get a the Denim screen in Extra + INFO when I turn the prev dev back on it shows Cyan .
    02-19-2015 02:38 PM
    Very strange ...when I put my Dev Preview app off I get a the Denim screen in Extra + INFO when I turn the prev dev back on it shows Cyan .
    Yes, it's a well known bug. You'll need to match your firmware version shown in settings->about to what's shown on http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=w5gpJJEF
    Andrew Brown8 likes this.
    02-19-2015 02:41 PM
    I get the same thing. tried a soft reset, reboot, usual things.

do I need to perform a hard reset and do the update before enabling DP again? its my travel phone so I have no issues blowing it away.

I might just do it anyway and post back here.
    02-20-2015 05:45 AM
    At the risk of repeating myself....

Yes, it's a well known bug. You'll need to match your firmware version shown in settings->about to what's shown on http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=aJixEoLQ
    02-20-2015 05:46 AM
    I get the same thing. tried a soft reset, reboot, usual things.

do I need to perform a hard reset and do the update before enabling DP again? its my travel phone so I have no issues blowing it away.

I might just do it anyway and post back here.
    No whatever you do want help its a bug as explained in the post of Pete.
    02-20-2015 05:48 AM
    looking at the build number, I don't have denim. or hey cortana etc.
    02-20-2015 06:03 AM
    hmm fresh hard reset and no denim to download..........
    02-20-2015 06:29 AM
    looking at the build number, I don't have denim. or hey cortana etc.
    If you're using the Lumia 925, you're not getting any improvements to the camera or even the Lumia camera 5, you're not getting HEY CORTANA, you can still do a search to see what features comes with denim for the 925
    02-20-2015 06:31 AM
    ahh damn, well, I have it on my 1520, so no big deal

thanks for clearing it up! might just install win10 tp and brick the 925 for something to do haha

EDIT: got a 'Welcome to Denim' after some app updates.

so not a full firmware, build number are all correct now. ill enable DP again and see what happens.

thanks for the replies guys
    Last edited by zei20t; 02-20-2015 at 06:50 AM.
    Pete likes this.
    02-20-2015 06:38 AM
    Yes the CV is Finland.

But is your phone the Finland country variant? Your location doesn't matter, your phone's CV does.
    02-20-2015 11:06 PM
    The Europe update tracker page showed denim for Lumia 925 CV in Finland. But I have been checking my phone ever since and no denim update so far. Today when I checked the European tracker page for Finland 925 CV, it now shows Cyan instead of Denim which it was before. I don't know what's really going on?
    02-22-2015 11:42 PM
    Well if your a T mobile user were screwed! It took them to Oct 28th to release Cyan to their devices and they discontinued the 925 back in April when Cyan was close to a release by June. So i'm not holding my breath for Denim even if it does come down the pipe because T mobile is Slack for updates!! Far as Im concerned if the phone you have is discontinued ( lack of sales etc ) but can handle the update with no issue than Microsoft should be proxy allowing these updates over riding the providers hold on the device they themselves no longer promote/support/sell! I mean it go so bad with Cyan on Verizon Nov 18th they gave them Denim !! If the Lumia 928 can support denim so can the 925!! Their hardware is identical only the radio is different ! And what bothers me more is M$ is worse than Nokia give this lower end phones Win 10 preview when the 926 to 1520 is overlooked and anywhere in between!! Scandalous!! And a slap in the face to those supporting the OS /Win phones at all ! And sure it's only in testing form but still to be left out !!
    02-23-2015 11:22 AM
    What's even more annoying is the carriers releasing denim before the CV. Vodafone released denim for the 925 a week ago in Italy. Still waiting for MS to release the CV update.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    02-23-2015 12:02 PM
    PSA: Lumia Denim update is now available for Finnish Lumia 925's. Go and hit that "Check for updates" button! :Dn-ytt-kuva-2015-2-24-kello-11.18.02.png
    02-24-2015 03:26 AM
    Well if your a T mobile user were screwed! It took them to Oct 28th to release Cyan to their devices and they discontinued the 925 back in April when Cyan was close to a release by June. So i'm not holding my breath for Denim even if it does come down the pipe because T mobile is Slack for updates!! Far as Im concerned if the phone you have is discontinued ( lack of sales etc ) but can handle the update with no issue than Microsoft should be proxy allowing these updates over riding the providers hold on the device they themselves no longer promote/support/sell! I mean it go so bad with Cyan on Verizon Nov 18th they gave them Denim !! If the Lumia 928 can support denim so can the 925!! Their hardware is identical only the radio is different ! And what bothers me more is M$ is worse than Nokia give this lower end phones Win 10 preview when the 926 to 1520 is overlooked and anywhere in between!! Scandalous!! And a slap in the face to those supporting the OS /Win phones at all ! And sure it's only in testing form but still to be left out !!
    I agree with this, I have no expectations of getting Denim on my Tmo 925, but honestly the battery is so wasted on my phone that I can barely use it. I have been waiting to buy a new flagship but none available for me. At least I've learned that iPhone 6 Plus is great holdover phone
    02-24-2015 08:05 PM
    Hi there,
    Running a factory 925 unlock in Canada on Telus (not that the Telus part matters) and have not seen the Denim yet. Denim is very important to Canada as it brings Cortana to the masses. My friends at work have Cortana on their new 830s but I'm still on Cyan.
    RM-893_lta_lta_204 is my manufacture name and my Mobile Operator 000-22. Can anyone shed some light on if they have the same phone and if they have Denim. thanks

*Edit* - Even T-Mobile has the update!! http://www.windowscentral.com/t-mobi...a-denim-update
    02-25-2015 04:13 PM
    I'm in Canada as well and run it on Easklink Wireless it's the only LTE 1700/2100 in the area that this phones runs on as it is a Tmobile phone as well - Denim I just got this morning
    02-26-2015 03:11 PM
42 12