[L925] Denim?

SheldonFX

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Isn't denim supposed to be available across the whole range now? I have a925 on the 3 network in the UK. Still no denim and still no Cortana! Am I doing something wrong? I keep searching for updates but there are none available! It's so frustrating. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers. Joe

SheldonFX

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for answering my post. So I assume that I am not supposed to have Cortana at the minute, not even on cyan?

What is it with these rollouts, how to Apple manage to send updates out to all phones overnight? It is really frustrating and putting me off of WP's. I have been supporting them for a while but really loosing patience.

p.s cheers for the link. Stuck on Cyan but with no indication how long that will be for.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Apple only have two current handsets and a few older ones, so less than ten in total that will get updates. Apple also separates carrier customisations from the firmware so that they're able to only test their updates on those handsets that the new OS will live on even then, they still get their day one problems they have to fix).

With Windows Phone, there's a different hardware for each variation of handset/carrier/region. This means that there's no separate configuration files that can adversely affect your phone (or do something illegal for your region). For Lumia phones, there's over 2,000 versions of the firmware to test and deploy. It takes time to do that.

Hopefully, you won't have to wait too much longer for yours to come through.

SheldonFX

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Cheers for the info mate. It is just confusing for a non techie user I guess. It frustrates me that Cortana has been available in the UK since some time last year yet I still don't have it, but people who go buy a phone today can have it instantly. Surely this needs to be addressed?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, there's some confusion around Cortana in the UK.

People who entered the Preview for Developers scheme had access to Cortana early. The new "Denim" update allows normal people to catch up with that update and hence gain Cortana at this point.

SheldonFX

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Aha! That clears that up nicely. Soooo Windows phones that are being sold now are pre loaded with Denim I take it?

Whilst I have your attention, and if you dont mind, id like to ask you one more quick question.....

Will there be a new high end windows phone this year? I have had the 925 for nearly two years now and its almost time for an upgrade. The best that three can offer me though is the 735, and it doesn't seem as good as the 925.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Some new handset models are being sold with Denim, yes.

And Micrsoft have confirmed a new "flagship" phone for later in the year that's probably going to be built for Windows 10. We don't have any idea of specs yet. Octa-core and a smoking hot processor seems likely though given that they've mentioned this hardware in a game developer conference invite recently.

JKnoxville

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have "For limited connectivity" option (mobile+SIM settings) on Lumia 925 after Denim update?

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Majstr

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone noticed that numbers on battery tile are not very sharp?
What is with Lumia Camera 5? Will Lumia 925 get update?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone noticed that numbers on battery tile are not very sharp?
What is with Lumia Camera 5? Will Lumia 925 get update?

Lumia 5 is only for the 830, 930/icon and 1520 because you need a snapdragon 800 to use the Lumia camera 5 Features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss