[L925] Denim?

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I am from Finland with L925. In the Microsoft update website, it shows Denim for 925 in Finland and I have been checking many time but still my 925 shows no update at all. Is there anything wrong?

pwaikon

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
In Finland, only few Lumias are still without Denim: 630, 635, 820, 920, 925 (735 and 830 are not available yet)

The waiting continues, maybe I get Denim this week? *fingers crossed*

:eek:rly:

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I am from Finland with L925. In the Microsoft update website, it shows Denim for 925 in Finland and I have been checking many time but still my 925 shows no update at all. Is there anything wrong?

But is your phone the Finland country variant? Your location doesn't matter, your phone's CV does.

Cruzebe

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Very strange ...when I put my Dev Preview app off I get a the Denim screen in Extra + INFO when I turn the prev dev back on it shows Cyan .

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Very strange ...when I put my Dev Preview app off I get a the Denim screen in Extra + INFO when I turn the prev dev back on it shows Cyan .

I get the same thing. tried a soft reset, reboot, usual things.

do I need to perform a hard reset and do the update before enabling DP again? its my travel phone so I have no issues blowing it away.

I might just do it anyway and post back here.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I get the same thing. tried a soft reset, reboot, usual things.

do I need to perform a hard reset and do the update before enabling DP again? its my travel phone so I have no issues blowing it away.

I might just do it anyway and post back here.

No whatever you do want help its a bug as explained in the post of Pete.

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
looking at the build number, I don't have denim. or hey cortana etc.

If you're using the Lumia 925, you're not getting any improvements to the camera or even the Lumia camera 5, you're not getting HEY CORTANA, you can still do a search to see what features comes with denim for the 925

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
ahh damn, well, I have it on my 1520, so no big deal

thanks for clearing it up! might just install win10 tp and brick the 925 for something to do haha

EDIT: got a 'Welcome to Denim' after some app updates.

so not a full firmware, build number are all correct now. ill enable DP again and see what happens.

thanks for the replies guys

Last edited:

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
The Europe update tracker page showed denim for Lumia 925 CV in Finland. But I have been checking my phone ever since and no denim update so far. Today when I checked the European tracker page for Finland 925 CV, it now shows Cyan instead of Denim which it was before. I don't know what's really going on?

Andrew Brown8

Banned
Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Well if your a T mobile user were screwed! It took them to Oct 28th to release Cyan to their devices and they discontinued the 925 back in April when Cyan was close to a release by June. So i'm not holding my breath for Denim even if it does come down the pipe because T mobile is Slack for updates!! Far as Im concerned if the phone you have is discontinued ( lack of sales etc ) but can handle the update with no issue than Microsoft should be proxy allowing these updates over riding the providers hold on the device they themselves no longer promote/support/sell! I mean it go so bad with Cyan on Verizon Nov 18th they gave them Denim !! If the Lumia 928 can support denim so can the 925!! Their hardware is identical only the radio is different ! And what bothers me more is M$ is worse than Nokia give this lower end phones Win 10 preview when the 926 to 1520 is overlooked and anywhere in between!! Scandalous!! And a slap in the face to those supporting the OS /Win phones at all ! And sure it's only in testing form but still to be left out !!

rowlie

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
What's even more annoying is the carriers releasing denim before the CV. Vodafone released denim for the 925 a week ago in Italy. Still waiting for MS to release the CV update.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

MarkusDindu

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Well if your a T mobile user were screwed! It took them to Oct 28th to release Cyan to their devices and they discontinued the 925 back in April when Cyan was close to a release by June. So i'm not holding my breath for Denim even if it does come down the pipe because T mobile is Slack for updates!! Far as Im concerned if the phone you have is discontinued ( lack of sales etc ) but can handle the update with no issue than Microsoft should be proxy allowing these updates over riding the providers hold on the device they themselves no longer promote/support/sell! I mean it go so bad with Cyan on Verizon Nov 18th they gave them Denim !! If the Lumia 928 can support denim so can the 925!! Their hardware is identical only the radio is different ! And what bothers me more is M$ is worse than Nokia give this lower end phones Win 10 preview when the 926 to 1520 is overlooked and anywhere in between!! Scandalous!! And a slap in the face to those supporting the OS /Win phones at all ! And sure it's only in testing form but still to be left out !!

I agree with this, I have no expectations of getting Denim on my Tmo 925, but honestly the battery is so wasted on my phone that I can barely use it. I have been waiting to buy a new flagship but none available for me. At least I've learned that iPhone 6 Plus is great holdover phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786