Why won't my Nokia Lumia 925 charge?

CookieConnoisseur

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 925 will not charge - need advice on wireless alternative !

Hi Guys,

The other day I was travelling in a truck and my battery was significantly low, so I plugged a car charger into my Nokia Lumia 925. Thing is, the phone lit up and signalled that it recognised a charger is plugged in but then my phone did not charge at all.

Once I got home, battery had already died, I tried various chargers (genuine & universal/generic) and also tried connecting it to my computer assuming a lower voltage charge may help, but nothing worked.

I need my phone urgently, so assuming the battery is fine and the micro-usb port is the problem, I'm considering a wireless charging alternative; I needed advice on whether these 2 things are reliable and are compatible with my Nokia Lumia 925.

Not allowed to post links so if youre bothered, paste the following into ebay search bar:

> Genuine Nokia Wireless Charging Cover CC-3065 For Nokia Lumia 925 - Black

> Qi Wireless Charger for Samsung Google Nokia HTC LG iPhone Phone Charging Pad

Any other advice will be appreciated :)

Thank you.

Victor Harshman

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 925 will not charge - need advice on wireless alternative !

My 920 kinda did the same thing but it wasn't plug in and the battery drained it self. Totally dead just black screen
The way I fixed it was by plugging the charger in and out many times and for some reason it started charging all of a sudden.
Don't know if this helps
Victor

CookieConnoisseur

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

Oh really, maybe there was dust stuck in the port or something that wouldnt let the surfaces meet.

Will give that a try though, thanks.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

I use QI charging on my 925.. With no problems. I have however Nokia QI chargers.
But basically all QI chargers will work some faster and some slower. ( depends on there output mA).
If you place your phone on the charger the charger will detect the phone and the charging starts. If the battery is full the charging stops.
If you keep the phone on the charger (after it stopped charging) the phone starts draining the battery and the battery level decreases. (this is of course normal).
If the battery level drops the charger will notice it and start charging again.
But some 3 rd party chargers don't "notice" this so they do not start to recharge. In this case it's could be than you phone is for example on 97% even after a full night charging.
Not a big thing but if you know that this can happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb