The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-19-2016 01:08 PM
52 123
tools
    I have exactly the same problem as Lucas Sain. This morning I received a notification to update my phone, once the update "finished" and restarted my phone it was stuck on the NOKIA logo for about 30+ minutes, then finally went to the Windows logo and a couple seconds later it went black and hasn't come back since.

I've tried all the suggested solutions as well and nothing works!
    02-15-2015 05:36 PM
    ok undertsood but then... what can cause the phone to be ok before I go to sleep and in the morning it is not resposnive? Any ideas how to re-activate?
    Someone broke into your house during the night and messed with it. Only explanation possible. LOL.
    02-15-2015 06:00 PM
    I have exactly the same problem as Lucas Sain. This morning I received a notification to update my phone, once the update "finished" and restarted my phone it was stuck on the NOKIA logo for about 30+ minutes, then finally went to the Windows logo and a couple seconds later it went black and hasn't come back since.

I've tried all the suggested solutions as well and nothing works!
    o k ... so now we're into the conspiracy theory that our phones got an update too which is why they were dead in the morning. A remote destruct flash update. It was a Monday morning that mine was found dead and I think default the firmware 'auto-update' time might be Sunday night. So...

Somehow I think it was low battery related on mine, but I tried 3 charges and 2 wireless in case one was bad. So it wasn't a bad charger.
    02-15-2015 10:53 PM
    you found any solution? I have the same problem with my lumia 520, please help
    02-18-2015 08:57 PM
    o k ... so now we're into the conspiracy theory that our phones got an update too which is why they were dead in the morning. A remote destruct flash update. It was a Monday morning that mine was found dead and I think default the firmware 'auto-update' time might be Sunday night. So...

Somehow I think it was low battery related on mine, but I tried 3 charges and 2 wireless in case one was bad. So it wasn't a bad charger.
    try using a power bank, that has a fast recharge rate
    02-18-2015 11:00 PM
    I have a Lumia 925 and yesterday night this happened to me too!!I left my phone on the desk without looking at it for 2 hours. After this time I wanted to set the alarm but I found my phone off. I tried to turn it on, but I couldn't. Then I tried the soft reset but nothing happened. Then I left my phone all the night (8 hours) on charge, but nothing happened. This morning I tried with the hard reset (using different combination!) but it didn't work.
    I've just tried with software recovery tools: but it doesn't recognize the device...I can't believe, this never happened before and I have my lumia 925 since november 2013.
    Last edited by Lorenzo Casalino; 02-19-2015 at 12:58 PM.
    Jason Jolly likes this.
    02-19-2015 11:39 AM
    It was just updated Windows Phone Recovery tool to version 1.0.6, but calls on windows 8 pc to run, SOMEONE YOU RUN ??? I have windows 7 and I can not ...
    02-19-2015 02:39 PM
    It was just updated Windows Phone Recovery tool to version 1.0.6, but calls on windows 8 pc to run, SOMEONE YOU RUN ??? I have windows 7 and I can not ...
    Just updated Lumia Recovery Tool to version 5.0.6 on my Windows 7 machine and all is fine.
    Sorry you are having difficulty. Maybe uninstall your current program and download and install a fresh copy.
    02-20-2015 07:35 PM
    My 925 is fine, no problems. I get a feeling that some of these "mysterious" events are people who try installing windows 10 and mess it up.
    02-20-2015 09:55 PM
    For your information, is the application of LUMIA tool, which I say is the Windows Phone Recovery Tool ... New for w10 tp.
    02-20-2015 11:02 PM
    For your information, is the application of LUMIA tool, which I say is the Windows Phone Recovery Tool ... New for w10 tp.
    Don't know what you mean. I had the old Lumia Recovery tool on my Windows 7 machine and when I updated it, it still says Lumia Recovery tool but now version 5.0.6. Hope this helps.
    02-21-2015 08:34 AM
    I was having freezing problems with my 925 about a week ago. My last option was to use the recovery tool but I needed to charge the phone first.

It froze while charging and drained the battery. When the battery is completely dead, the windows logo flashes. Plug it in and leave it for awhile, then try a soft reset again. You may have to run the recovery tool after that which WILL completely wipe everything out. I haven't had any problems since.

And the developer preview does NOT have W10 yet and it won't just install without you pushing the button to do so. It may download the files but you have to tell it to install after that.
    02-21-2015 10:39 AM
    My Lumia 925 just bricked up overnight as well. It was plugged in to charge and was fine when I had gone to sleep. Woke up and it is completely unresponsive - to both hard and soft resets. I have tried the Lumia Software recovery tool. But it doesn't recognise the phone even in the "phone doesn't boot up" option. It just searches while instructing me to hold down the power and volume down button till the phone vibrates - which obviously doesn't work. I'm extremely worried. Has anyone else faced this or have any answers or suggestions?

This just happened to me. Did you find a solution?
    04-18-2015 11:35 PM
    I have a Lumia 925 and yesterday night this happened to me too!!I left my phone on the desk without looking at it for 2 hours. After this time I wanted to set the alarm but I found my phone off. I tried to turn it on, but I couldn't. Then I tried the soft reset but nothing happened. Then I left my phone all the night (8 hours) on charge, but nothing happened. This morning I tried with the hard reset (using different combination!) but it didn't work.
    I've just tried with software recovery tools: but it doesn't recognize the device...I can't believe, this never happened before and I have my lumia 925 since november 2013.
    I tried all of that too. I'm worried that there is no hope for my phone now. Anything else I can do to save this phone now?
    04-18-2015 11:46 PM
    Now I'm thinking ... EMP burst :/ #conspiracytheorytomakesenseofitall
    04-18-2015 11:48 PM
    I tried all of that too. I'm worried that there is no hope for my phone now. Anything else I can do to save this phone now?
    So it isn't detected at all if you plug it into a PC? Is there anything in device manager when you plug it in that has an ! like the driver isn't installed?
    05-06-2015 03:48 PM
    I had this problem about 9months ago and ended up claiming on my insurance for a new handset because I couldn't get anywhere with the phone recovery. Exact same thing happened again last night so I'm going to have another round of recovery attempts and will post back from progress.
    06-07-2015 02:10 AM
    No luck for me yet.

Just to confirm, my symptoms include:
    • Crash happened whilst phone was in my pocket yesterday afternoon, nothing unusual
    • Not running Win 10 preview
    • Phone just has completely blank screen
    • If doing soft reset (power + vol. down) then windows logo flashes after 10 specs, then flashes again a few seconds later, then.... nothing.
    • If plugged into laptop whilst doing the soft reset above then I can see 'device connected' followed immediately by 'device disconnected' and no other sign of life
    • Hard reset doesn't seem to work, although with no life from the screen it's hard to tell when to do the button sequence to trigger the reset

I've tried running the advice someone posted elsewhere using the Nokia firmware tool but it needed a log in and couldn't be used. I tried downloading a cracked version of the same tool, but the download sites to get it were so horribly filled with malware that I bailed out.

As it stands, I think I'll be returning my handset and try and claim through the warranty.
    06-07-2015 04:05 AM
    So my 925 went back to Microsoft for repair under warranty. They confirmed that it couldn't be repaired, so a replacement handset is now heading my way.

If anyone's still battling with this, I'd give up and just get a replacement via warranty/insurance.
    06-12-2015 06:19 AM
    I had exactly the same problem with my Lumia 925 last Christmas. It was on WP 8.1 Update 1 DP. Long story short, it was a hardware problem.
    When my 925 bricked, after doing crazy thing like charging the battery by wiring from the USB cord, I ordered a thing called "Nokia Best Infinity Dongle." It was kind of a tool that flashes your device when it bricked. So the dongle showed it was an eMMC (flash memory chip) issue, therefore it couldn't flash my bricked 925. I even sent it back to Vietnam (where Nokia phones repair is very popular) and they told it was a hardware problem that couldn't be fixed.
    After all, I'm on a 635 right now and can't wait to get a 640. I couldn't believe my 925 only lasted one year :( (it died a couple days before the first anniversary haha)
    06-17-2015 12:00 AM
    Had the same problemen. Death in the morning, exactly after one year.. Nothing could be done. Finally chipboard had tot be replaced. I hate these things, when buying a 350euro phone it should last for a year of five at least. Ditched our Nokia phones, werd back on Android with the oneplus one. And guess what? Microsoft apps are in deed better on Android. 😊

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 9 met Tapatalk
    06-29-2015 12:09 AM
    I had exactly the same problem with my Lumia 925, just bricked up overnight as well, i did all of the above but nothing worked. Microsoft still does nothing about this!?
    07-15-2015 03:06 PM
    Well well well... Lumia 925 looks like a very well-designed phone. But it seems to be having all sort of common issues. Be it microphone / headphone connection ports, poor build quality of panels. And now this. Apart from constant crashing and stuff, the phone has completely given up on me twice.

Last time I was somehow able to use the Recovery Tool and get the phone back, but this time there seems to be no hope. I have been charging the phone the whole day and there's no response from the handset. The Windows logo in front, blinks a bit, indicating it's getting charged. But I try the key combinations for hard reset, soft reset, and nothing happens. No vibration, sound, display. Nothing!

I guess I will keep it for charging overnight and see how it turns out tomorrow morning. I haven't got much hope to be honest. Hope you guys have better luck.

Ciao!
    10-16-2015 02:22 PM
    I m going through same issue...all of a sudden my phone went in complete darkness I tried everything I could but I couldn't revive it....windows logo on front lights up a little when I put it on charging that's the activity I can notice... Have u got ur repaired ... Please let me know if anything works on ..
    11-21-2015 09:23 AM
    Im having the same exact problem , however I had my eyes on the mobile the moment it went dark ! ... I saw a notification I went to check it out and SUDDENLY EVERYTHING GOES BLACK .... and no resets working ... nothing at all not even windows logo flashing .... however same as lucas when I connect it to laptop I hear the sound of USB plunging in, but nothing shows in My Computer, Trying recovery tools but it said that no recovery supported for this device ....

anyone has any idea what to do ?
    01-08-2016 10:22 PM
52 123