Is my Lumia 925 bricked?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925 "seems" to be bricked

Sorry to hear, but this is a similar thing that my 920 did. Same symptoms. Still a dead phone here.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

I think you just need a new charger. And don't charge through laptop ports.

Lucas Sain

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

Well I have had the phone connected to the PC and the Windows Phone recovery tool. Nothing...it just stays in "waiitng for Connection"... I just can't believe the phone just died over night....

flip201

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site

I have exactly the same problem as Lucas Sain. This morning I received a notification to update my phone, once the update "finished" and restarted my phone it was stuck on the NOKIA logo for about 30+ minutes, then finally went to the Windows logo and a couple seconds later it went black and hasn't come back since.

I've tried all the suggested solutions as well and nothing works!

ArrowQueen

May 29, 2014
Visit site

ok undertsood but then... what can cause the phone to be ok before I go to sleep and in the morning it is not resposnive? Any ideas how to re-activate?

Someone broke into your house during the night and messed with it. Only explanation possible. LOL.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I have exactly the same problem as Lucas Sain. This morning I received a notification to update my phone, once the update "finished" and restarted my phone it was stuck on the NOKIA logo for about 30+ minutes, then finally went to the Windows logo and a couple seconds later it went black and hasn't come back since.

I've tried all the suggested solutions as well and nothing works!

o k ... so now we're into the conspiracy theory that our phones got an update too which is why they were dead in the morning. A remote destruct flash update. It was a Monday morning that mine was found dead and I think default the firmware 'auto-update' time might be Sunday night. So...

Somehow I think it was low battery related on mine, but I tried 3 charges and 2 wireless in case one was bad. So it wasn't a bad charger.

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

o k ... so now we're into the conspiracy theory that our phones got an update too which is why they were dead in the morning. A remote destruct flash update. It was a Monday morning that mine was found dead and I think default the firmware 'auto-update' time might be Sunday night. So...

Somehow I think it was low battery related on mine, but I tried 3 charges and 2 wireless in case one was bad. So it wasn't a bad charger.

try using a power bank, that has a fast recharge rate

Lorenzo Casalino

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 925 and yesterday night this happened to me too!!I left my phone on the desk without looking at it for 2 hours. After this time I wanted to set the alarm but I found my phone off. I tried to turn it on, but I couldn't. Then I tried the soft reset but nothing happened. Then I left my phone all the night (8 hours) on charge, but nothing happened. This morning I tried with the hard reset (using different combination!) but it didn't work.
I've just tried with software recovery tools: but it doesn't recognize the device...I can't believe, this never happened before and I have my lumia 925 since november 2013.
:unhappysweat:

Last edited:

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
It was just updated Windows Phone Recovery tool to version 1.0.6, but calls on windows 8 pc to run, SOMEONE YOU RUN ??? I have windows 7 and I can not ...
Just updated Lumia Recovery Tool to version 5.0.6 on my Windows 7 machine and all is fine.
Sorry you are having difficulty. Maybe uninstall your current program and download and install a fresh copy.

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
For your information, is the application of LUMIA tool, which I say is the Windows Phone Recovery Tool ... New for w10 tp.
Don't know what you mean. I had the old Lumia Recovery tool on my Windows 7 machine and when I updated it, it still says Lumia Recovery tool but now version 5.0.6. Hope this helps.

accursedvenom

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I was having freezing problems with my 925 about a week ago. My last option was to use the recovery tool but I needed to charge the phone first.

It froze while charging and drained the battery. When the battery is completely dead, the windows logo flashes. Plug it in and leave it for awhile, then try a soft reset again. You may have to run the recovery tool after that which WILL completely wipe everything out. I haven't had any problems since.

And the developer preview does NOT have W10 yet and it won't just install without you pushing the button to do so. It may download the files but you have to tell it to install after that.

Jason Jolly

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 925 just bricked up overnight as well. It was plugged in to charge and was fine when I had gone to sleep. Woke up and it is completely unresponsive - to both hard and soft resets. I have tried the Lumia Software recovery tool. But it doesn't recognise the phone even in the "phone doesn't boot up" option. It just searches while instructing me to hold down the power and volume down button till the phone vibrates - which obviously doesn't work. I'm extremely worried. Has anyone else faced this or have any answers or suggestions?

This just happened to me. Did you find a solution?

Jason Jolly

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 925 and yesterday night this happened to me too!!I left my phone on the desk without looking at it for 2 hours. After this time I wanted to set the alarm but I found my phone off. I tried to turn it on, but I couldn't. Then I tried the soft reset but nothing happened. Then I left my phone all the night (8 hours) on charge, but nothing happened. This morning I tried with the hard reset (using different combination!) but it didn't work.
I've just tried with software recovery tools: but it doesn't recognize the device...I can't believe, this never happened before and I have my lumia 925 since november 2013.
:unhappysweat:

I tried all of that too. I'm worried that there is no hope for my phone now. Anything else I can do to save this phone now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss