Is my Lumia 925 bricked?

Lucas Sain

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 925 "seems" to be bricked

I left my nokia lumia 925 on my side bed table and went to sleep. When I woke up it did not turn on...nothing is working. It seems to be bricked. The only thing I can think is that it updated to WP 10 and it messed it up. I tried to use the Nokia Recovery Tool 5.05 and it just says that phone not supported. Then I tried the Windows Phone Recovery 1.0.4 and it just detect the phone.

Curiously when I connect the phone to usb port during the recovery tools the Window LOGO lights up of the phone...but then...nothing happens

PLEASE help....

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925 "seems" to be bricked

Just soft reset it.
-hold down power+volume down till you feel it vibrate.

Don't worry, mine does this too. It's a bug that MS knows about and has said a fix is coming.

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

I left my nokia lumia 925 on my side bed table and went to sleep. When I woke up it did not turn on...nothing is working. It seems to be bricked. The only thing I can think is that it updated to WP 10 and it messed it up. I tried to use the Nokia Recovery Tool 5.05 and it just says that phone not supported. Then I tried the Windows Phone Recovery 1.0.4 and it just detect the phone.

Curiously when I connect the phone to usb port during the recovery tools the Window LOGO lights up of the phone...but then...nothing happens

PLEASE help....
first and foremost your phone didn't update to windows 10, the update is not yet available for the 925, and your phone can't install or download updates without notifying you. Just do a soft reset and your phone should power on, do it when the phone Is plugged in

Lucas Sain

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

Hi, Thanks. but I allready tried it. The phone doesn't even vibrate. What it does do when I press the power and volume down is light up the windows logo...So I guess that is the same...not sure... But I did try ti and nothing.... I have activated on my phone to get developer preview so im guessing it was WP10 update...

Lucas Sain

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

Hi Emperor... well I was just guessing it was WP10. I have the developer update in my phone activated so I assumed this. It is odd to have the phone over night just "break" so it had to be an update... I did try the soft update by holding the power and volume down but the only thing the phone does is light up the windows logo and then nothing happens... I have tried to even "guess" the sequence of doing the whole hardware reset by guessing the timing of when doing the key volume combination...
Any other ideas are apreciated

Lucas Sain

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

ok undertsood but then... what can cause the phone to be ok before I go to sleep and in the morning it is not resposnive? Any ideas how to re-activate?

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I would try the recovery tools again. It's pretty tough to completely brick a smartphone these days. Unless the phone is faulty.

Lucas Sain

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

I have had the phone for more than 1 year... Odd... I have tried them all... will try to look for a hacking software any link or recomendation is appreciated.... It is very weird that the Lumia Recovery tools says that the phone is not supported.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

At a guess...

Your battery ran down to 0% while you slept. This puts the chip in the battery into a "coma" and that is why nothing is working including detection over USB.

Use the factory charger. Plug in and don't push any buttons, just let the phone be. It will take several hours for the chip in the battery to "wake up." When it does, the phone will boot and normal charging will start. Your charge percent will still be low when the phone boots - around 3% or so. Leaved it on the charger until it reaches full charge and then resume normal operations.

otnos

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site

I had a similar problem where my phone would not boot up. If yours won't boot up after leaving it on the charger, give this a try.

Turn off the phone, Once the phone is off, Hold the Volume down key then plug the charger (charger should be connected to the power source ",) Once you see the exclamation ( ! ), remove your finger from the button.
Then press the following keys: Volume Up, Volume Down, Power Key and Volume down. The phone will turn on automatically, this may take several minutes and it will show two gears that are spinning just wait for it to finish.
This will reset your phone back to factory and all data will be lost.

Good luck.

Lucas Sain

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

Thanks all for reply... I lef tit charging but still nothing...tried Otnos suggestion and nothing. The odd thing is that if I plug it inot my computer the laptop does the "blip" sound as it was recognized...but...windows explore does not show it. It is not normal for a phone just to get screwed up from night to morning... And it would be sad to have to buy another,,,

9sag9

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

Try with the recovery tool .. See YouTube .. N read a lot .. How to recover.. Even I had a problem.. My phone kept rebooting.. Didn't sleep d whole night.. Finally with Lumia recovery tool .. It recovered .... Keep it trying.. It will work.. With recovery tool

9sag9

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

Did u get any ( ! ) or NOKIA LOGO wen connected to recovery tool.. Try that method.. One key reset method ...

Lucas Sain

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

yeah already did try with the Nokia Recovery and the Windows Phone Recovery. Nokia recovery says my phone is not supported and the Windows Phone Recovery doesn't detect it and then just stays saying "waiting for connection"

9sag9

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

Okk then wait.. Even it said to me to wait .. After around 5 min.. It told me to press power and volume Down.. Till it vibrates As instructed by the tool... .. Did u get this stage .. Or did u try ??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss