Mutant Lumia 925.5? No visible antennae band

phrequencyviii

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 925 I got a few days ago looks weird compared to the one I had last year...

I don't see any antennae bands on the corners. Did Nokia revise the style and this is the latest model (check the build date), or is this some funky refurb?

IMG_1392.JPG
IMG_1394.JPG
wp_ss_20150215_0001.png

So weird...everything works as normal, tons of calls and wireless charging. Just noticed this...WTF

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
That is legit weird. I've never seen that before. Are you experiencing signal drops? The partitions are to prevent a certain 'cage effect' that happens on devices without it.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
That is weird. I have the 925.3, with a more recent build date than yours @ 9/29/2014.
--edit: The build creation date is for the OS, not the device itself. Darn pre-caffeine reading comprehension.
--2nd edit: To clarify, I got my 925 in January of 2014, so there was no possibly way it was manufactured in September of that year ;)

Last edited:

phrequencyviii

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Nokia on Twitter (well, Microsoft, I guess) said they haven't seen this before either, so I'm guessing the clowns I bought it from repaired the phone or something, but I don't see a rim for a 925 on the aftermarket like this...

So far, my signal seems fine, but I've only had it for awhile. Right now I have full wifi and LTE, the lowest I've seen is 3 bars and no dropped calls or data...which makes no physical sense to me...

Thanks for the info on the build date, I figured it was the build date of the phone. Is the 925.x number what region it was for or is it for a revision of the phone itself? I thought RM-XXX denoted region...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow! Now that is very weird. I'd hold onto that phone. If it has a mistake in not having the antenna band, it could be really worth some money in the future. I have an old Barbie doll that I got in the 80s as a kid that would have been worth some serious money due to a mistake, so you never know.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
In your top picture, it almost looks like the metal is a little smoother in the one spot where the band should be. I've seen darker metal ones, with silver bands (see AT&T product page), and the white/silver ones with black bands, and was wondering if they did some swapping around of parts between the two models.

I was going to ask you if you bought it new from the carrier, but you already answered that, you bought it used.

Can't rule out that they found some obscure vendor, or even manufacture it themselves somehow.
If you were to run your fingernail over where the bands SHOULD be, is there even the slightest bump or dip where they are. They are extremely difficult to "feel" them on mine, even though they are very much visible.

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
My L925.1 RM-892_eu_sweden_243 has the front facing camera on the right side of the Nokia logo & speaker. The one pictured above seems to have a camera (?) on the left side.

Edit: Maybe it is a AT&T device with the logo on the left side?

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
My L925.1 RM-892_eu_sweden_243 has the front facing camera on the right side of the Nokia logo & speaker. The one pictured above seems to have a camera (?) on the left side.

Edit: Maybe it is a AT&T device with the logo on the left side?

The tiny dot to the right of the speaker, is the FFC, the large dot over to the left is the AT&T Orb logo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99