Why isn't my phone microphone working after updating to Denim?

abhishekdex

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Phone Microphone not working after updating to Denim

I just now updated my Nookia Lumia 925 with Denim. After the update was successfully installed I configured Cortana but since then Cortana is unable to hear anything from microphone.
Cortana is able to hear when the headset is plugged in.
I had to download and install English U.K speech pack as I'm using Indian variant of the device.

Now I tried to turn off Cortana but still the my Speech recognition is not working.

Need Help.

Regards
Abhishek

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried soft resetting your device? Press the volume down and power button down simultaneously for 10-15 seconds or until you feel a vibration. Let us know if this works or post against and we'll try to help you more.

abhishekdex

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I tried Resetting the device but its still the same.
I read multiple places that many other have been facing problem when they installed Developer Preview on there Lumia 925.
But I was unable to find a solution anywhere.
Kindly Help.

I am able to make calls but when I switch on the Speakerphone while on a call the microphone doesn't works.
I tried recording a voice clip in OneNote that is also not recording anything.

abhishekdex

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I already tried soft reset it is still not working.
I tried recording a voice clip in OneNote, its not recording anything.
When I make a call microphone works but when I switch on the Speakerphone while in a call the microphone stops working.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked to make sure it's not in microphone mode. Sometimes some pin or something inside the aux jack gets stuck and the phone thinks there are headphones connected. when you're having the problem, click up or down on the volume knob to see if it says headphones on the volume. If it does, that's the problem and you gotta stick something in the jack and wiggle it to loosen it back up.

dmm96452

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue on my 1520. So far I have:
Done soft and hard resets (with and without restoring data/settings)
Used the Lumia recovery tool to roll back developer preview updates and the mic worked until Denim was installed again
Like others Cortana hears me on headphones or Bluetooth but not through the mic

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I too have this problem and many others (L925) and no solution so far. I only saw people getting this fixed by sending it back with warranty or for repair. I am sturggling with this too.

fdl3

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone Microphone not working after updating to Denim

Nokia 928 with non-working secondary microphones. Still testing, but I suspect a software issue, not hardware.

The mics quit working shortly after upgrading to WP 8.1 DP. Prior to that, mics worked fine. Afterward: Cortana could not hear anything, speech to text could not hear anything, MS and Lumia Camera audio record only static.

On a whim, turned Cortana off, rebooted phone (as requested), and secondary mics work again.

However, first time use MS Camera to record video, only static. And mics stop working again.

Reboot seems to fix. Lumia Camera seems not to kill mics.

More testing.

WP: 8.1 Update - Denim
Firmware: 3051.50009.1446.0093

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
What's up with these 925 mic issues? :0 Does MS know about this? Why isn't this more commonly known, since we have at least two threads on this here in the 925 forums?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs