Can I get some help bring my phone back to life?

Bryant Liow

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
My phone is dead. Need help from experienced repair expert/user here.

My phone is Lumia 925.

I will try to be specific. I was chatting with friends on whatsapp and then i pulled down the action center, my phone started to hang. I clicked every buttons, still no respond. So I soft reset my phone. Then I waited and waited. No respond, then I soft reset again. I soft reset again the third time. At last it is dead. This time is literally no vibrate and no 'NOKIA' logo. That means is dead.

Straightforward speaking, I tried soft reset and hard reset. Outcome is, no respond, no vibrate, no NOKIA logo, no automatically on even with charging cable, no flashing of home button.

I suspect software corrupted or battery problem.
Why? because battery was fine all the time i was using, but I do not rule it out. Software corrupted because I soft resetted too many times.

So, just banging my luck if someone here has the experience repairing their own windows phone. I'm not arrogant but frankly speaking, I do not want guessing like asking me to do soft reset and hard reset or asking me to send it to nokia center for experts to repair etc some sort of common troubleshooting. I want answers from people who understand the problem, came across with this problem, successfully fixed this problem.

So if you know, let me tell you more. I plugged in the charging cable, pressed and hold the power button/soft reset/hard reset, the outcome is after 10 seconds the home button will flash once. Next, I removed the battery cable, so my phone is not connected to a battery now, I plugged in the charging cable, pressed and hold the power button/soft reset/hard reset, the outcome is after 10 seconds the home button will flash once. This conclude maybe it wasn't a software problem but a battery problem.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: My phone is dead. Need help from experienced repair expert/user here.

My phone is Lumia 925.

I will try to be specific. I was chatting with friends on whatsapp and then i pulled down the action center, my phone started to hang. I clicked every buttons, still no respond. So I soft reset my phone. Then I waited and waited. No respond, then I soft reset again. I soft reset again the third time. At last it is dead. This time is literally no vibrate and no 'NOKIA' logo. That means is dead.

Straightforward speaking, I tried soft reset and hard reset. Outcome is, no respond, no vibrate, no NOKIA logo, no automatically on even with charging cable, no flashing of home button.

I suspect software corrupted or battery problem.
Why? because battery was fine all the time i was using, but I do not rule it out. Software corrupted because I soft resetted too many times.

So, just banging my luck if someone here has the experience repairing their own windows phone. I'm not arrogant but frankly speaking, I do not want guessing like asking me to do soft reset and hard reset or asking me to send it to nokia center for experts to repair etc some sort of common troubleshooting. I want answers from people who understand the problem, came across with this problem, successfully fixed this problem.

So if you know, let me tell you more. I plugged in the charging cable, pressed and hold the power button/soft reset/hard reset, the outcome is after 10 seconds the home button will flash once. Next, I removed the battery cable, so my phone is not connected to a battery now, I plugged in the charging cable, pressed and hold the power button/soft reset/hard reset, the outcome is after 10 seconds the home button will flash once. This conclude maybe it wasn't a software problem but a battery problem.

You may have already answered your own question - your phone needs a new battery. Now the L925 does not have a "removable" battery (though of course all batteries are removable). If you're adventurous, you may check out YouTube videos on how to have your battery replaced.

If that does not fix your problem (assuming that opening the phone on your own did not worsen the problem), without any other option you may need to bring your phone to a service center. You may just as well bring your phone to have them check your battery in the first place. Check if your phone is still covered by the 12-month (or 24-month) warranty period.

Bottom line is in weighing the difference between the hassle of 1. taking your phone apart, buying hex screwdrivers, setting up a clean (very clean) space for dismantling and assembly, increased risk of ruining your phone even more... and 2. travelling to a service center, waiting for some period of time and paying a controversial amount of cash if your phone is no longer under the warranty period.

I experienced a similar (if not a worse) problem with my L1020. I just brought it to a service center (still under warranty) and bought a L535 as a temporary phone. If your phone is also still under warranty, bringing it to an accredited service center would be my best advice for you. You don't have to leave your phone with them if you don't want to, anyway.

Bryant Liow

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: My phone is dead. Need help from experienced repair expert/user here.

Thanks for reply. I'm glad. Yeah, fixing phone is my hobby. Started cracking it after the warranty period. I knew sending in for repair will cost more than buying a new phone, or not worth. Saw Ebay is selling battery for $20. But I wanna confirm if it's really battery problem for this case then i will only order it :) If it's software problem I will just mourn... Haha. Thx bro

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Dumb question, you did charge the phone for an extended period of time?
In a normal-functioning 925 the flashing start key indicates the phone is receiving power but doesn't have enough to start.

If software proves to be the issue, you may want to use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos