A problem in "Highest Connection Speed" after denim update Lumia 925

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
That's why I'm hesitated to do a hard reset!

You hesitate because you fear you "loose" the DENIM update??

If so don't worry if do a hard reset you will not "loose" the DENIM update, the "only" thing what happens with an hard reset is that the present OS will be reinstalled. So you keep DENIM.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
That's why I'm hesitated to do a hard reset!

Agreed, with Harrie-S - you will not lose the latest OS updates you have installed, but you may lose some of your personal information from your phone.

You may create back-up of your phone settings, system and app information before performing a hard-reset - this makes restoring most of your phone's content easier afterwards. However, you may still lose some information, such as achievements for certain games, linked contacts, custom ringtones and your photos.

Reza babaei hemmati

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site

If so don't worry if do a hard reset you will not "loose" the DENIM update, the "only" thing what happens with an hard reset is that the present OS will be reinstalled. So you keep DENIM.

Harris the problem is the updates after hard reset! You know some update will come after that, so i could not recognize which is the caused this problem.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Harris the problem is the updates after hard reset! You know some update will come after that, so i could not recognize which is the caused this problem.

Which updates after hard reset should come? There are no "updates" after a hard reset.
If you do a hard reset your phone will re-install the OS again. It will not download the OS but it will use the version which is on your phone.
If you then set up your phone again and if you use the back up you made it will install that back up.
So there will be no "update" after a hard reset.

Reza babaei hemmati

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Which updates after hard reset should come? There are no "updates" after a hard reset.
If you do a hard reset your phone will re-install the OS again. It will not download the OS but it will use the version which is on your phone.
If you then set up your phone again and if you use the back up you made it will install that back up.

After the hard reset it will go back to Cyan ! i did it. so it should be update.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
After the hard reset it will go back to Cyan ! i did it. so it should be update.

Were you in Developer Preview (in that case the "Denim" you saw was just a glitch in the Extras+Info)?

Performing a hard reset will not revert your phone to an earlier version of an OS - otherwise there will be no need to develop and release the Lumia Software Recovery Tool which is a considerable 58-104 MB in size.

However, there is a rare chance that your phone will indeed receive an update after a hard reset... and that is IF a new OS/Firmware version is released to your region just right after your phone has finished recovering from the hard reset. Receiving such an update immediately after a hard reset may create the illusion that your phone has been reverted to an earlier version, according to the proposed timeline below:

Phone has Cyan >
Hard reset is performed >
Owner forgets what version was installed on his phone >
Update is released while the phone is being reset (coincidence) >
Phone finishes with hard reset procedure and still has Cyan >
Owner sees "new" update >
Owner concludes that phone was reverted to a previous version.

If that was not the case and your phone indeed was reverted back to a previous OS/Firmware version after a hard reset, then it could be the first time for most of us (if not everyone) to have heard of that happening. We would then like to know how it was done since that would save a lot of users from the trouble of going through the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. :cool:

Mahmoud Hussein

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

No I don't want to hard reset my phone and find out that the problem still exists.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
No I don't want to hard reset my phone and find out that the problem still exists.

Check out post #15 in this thread:

I have tried hard reset and it did well. The problem has been fixed and it is now ok. :grin:

Sounds like a validation for the method for me. Of course there's a risk that it won't work (despite the fact that someone already found out that it works), but if it is the only solution available, then what else can be done? At the very least, we now know that it worked for somebody and it could for you, too. :angel:

Reza babaei hemmati

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site

So that's ok now! thanks for your help

madhu maddy1

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Guys swipe down from screen top and select all setting thn
Mobile+sim
Thn select the sim settings asper ur sim preferred to data
Thn change it to 2G/3G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members