[L925] Won't turn on/died on me?

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I had a frozen screen earlier today and nothing seemed to work, so I reset my phone (power + volume down) so then it vibrated and the nokia logo came up during start up... it stayed that way for about 15-20 mins without anything else happening or me being able to do anything. After those 20ish mins, my phone just went black (it still had about 90% battery left by then, so that can't be it - had taken it off the charger about 1h ago). now it won't turn back on, plugging it into my laptop won't work, neither will it charge with a wall plug...also pressing the power and volume down buttons won't help... and my phone's just over a year old - so no more warranty :S

Anybody have some suggestions?

MoshMast

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Phone won't turn on/died on me

Get the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and try to perform a reset on your phone from there. It has an option for if your phone is unresponsive and can put the phone into a service mode to accept new software. Please beware that this may fix your phone, but will also reset the software to factory defaults resulting in losing everything on the phone which was not backed up.

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Get the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and try to perform a reset on your phone from there. It has an option for if your phone is unresponsive and can put the phone into a service mode to accept new software. Please beware that this may fix your phone, but will also reset the software to factory defaults resulting in losing everything on the phone which was not backed up.

That's not working either, it won't recognise my phone that is plugged in to my laptop :/

accursedvenom

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

That's not working either, it won't recognise my phone that is plugged in to my laptop :/

Plug it in and do the soft reset with the program running on PC. If it freezes again, soft reset again. Happened to me a month ago and it froze while downloading the latest system file.

nicolasmart

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

I can't do anything...it won't recognise my phone what so ever. :(

Download WINDOWS PHONE recovery tool, not Nokia recovery or Lumia recovery.

Even you can try reseting by holding the power button and when you hear vibrate quickly release the power button and press the volume down button. Then if you see exclamation mark, press and release these buttons on this order: Volume up, volume down, power, volume down.

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Download WINDOWS PHONE recovery tool, not Nokia recovery or Lumia recovery.

Even you can try reseting by holding the power button and when you hear vibrate quickly release the power button and press the volume down button. Then if you see exclamation mark, press and release these buttons on this order: Volume up, volume down, power, volume down.

yup, tried that already. Windows phone recovery tool won't recognise my phone either being stuck at "looking for connection" and I can press the volume down and power button as long or as often as I want, it won't vibrate and there's no exclamation mark. just, nothing whatsoever

accursedvenom

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

yup, tried that already. Windows phone recovery tool won't recognise my phone either being stuck at "looking for connection" and I can press the volume down and power button as long or as often as I want, it won't vibrate and there's no exclamation mark. just, nothing whatsoever

Sounds like you need to send it in then. To clarify, do you have it plugged into your PC when you are attempting the soft reset? That's what I had to do as mine would freeze before I got it plugged in.

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like you need to send it in then. To clarify, do you have it plugged into your PC when you are attempting the soft reset? That's what I had to do as mine would freeze before I got it plugged in.

Yeah, I'd need to send it in. But I got my phone in another country where I used to live before and don't have international warranty. I tried it plugged in and without it being plugged in. No difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb