Why is my friends iPhone 5 video quality on YouTube much clearer than on my Lumia 925?

Mpower123

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
why is my friends iphone 5 video quality on youtube much clearer than on my Lumia 925??

When i compare the quality of video on a youtube video on an iphone 5 to my lumia 925 mine looks grainy compared to the iphone 5. Why when my lumia has a better pixel density and screen than the iphone 5???

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is my friends iphone 5 video quality on youtube much clearer than on my Lumia 925??

What YouTube app are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

henocksandy

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: why is my friends iphone 5 video quality on youtube much clearer than on my Lumia 925??

iPhone has a better display! As far as i have seen, Samsung and SONY also have cool displays. Lumia's will have it one day just like how Surface Pro 3 has an awesome display

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

What YouTube app are you using?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

yeah, Laura has a point, if you are using an app, it could be defaulting to a lower resolution version of the video... Henocksandy also has a point, the iphone (ewww) has a higher res screen, and the player/browser there is taking advantage of that.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

When i compare the quality of video on a youtube video on an iphone 5 to my lumia 925 mine looks grainy compared to the iphone 5. Why when my lumia has a better pixel density and screen than the iphone 5???

1) can be because of the app you are using is using a lower quality streaming..such as 480p or 360p and the same video which you are running on the iPhone is being streamed at 720p...this will make a big difference in quality as you can switch between high quality and low quality options in youtube

2) iphone uses a retina display which has a better clarity then the one in lumias

3) App being used in both the devices aren't the same...there may be many other reasons...if you really want to have a closer comparison try using the browser for streaming in both the devices

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Make sure the quality setting is actually the same.

Also, the subpixel layout of the 925 (and other phones like the 930, Galaxy S 4...) is not in the typical RGB stripe layout (it's PenTile) which means it might appear a bit blurrier.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99